Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas present

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m not sure this is the right place for this but here goes.

With Christmas fast approaching I am looking to treat myself with a new digital camera. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good one, which is skier friendly:-
Easy to use with gloves on etc
Fairly hardwearing – I have been known to fall
Small enough to fit in a pocket for days and nights out
Can you get a waterproof case for it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know much about them, but I've been looking recently. The Olympus mju 725 SW is waterprrof and shock proof (both within limits. It doesn't look too good for using with gloves on, but I doubt that many if any are.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've managed to operate my Sony T9 relatively well whilst skiing along using only one gloved hand, as long as the slopes not too steep. As it turns on just by pulling the sliding panel on the front down that is easy with gloves on and then I just have to mash the button on top to take the pictures and as the zoom is all done with mirrors and magic internally it makes it a lot easier to slip it back into it's case and then my pocket when done.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
personally I'm a huge fan of the Canon Ixus range.

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jtobin03, there are a couple of snowHead here who take amazing pics - might be worth either changing the title of your thread to catch their attention or going to the picture bit on here & Pm-ing them. some of the pics submitted for the calendar were incredible. I have seen a thread about this. good luck
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy