Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CairnGorm Mtn and Glencoe aim for Sat 25th Opening

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Both CairnGorm Mountain and Glencoe are aiming to kick off the Scottish 2007 Season this weekend. There has been further snow along with some consolidation on upper and mid-mountain levels, and higher areas at least should see further snow this week.

The forecast for the weekend remains uncertain due to the difficulty in projecting the track of a deep low which is expected to cross the UK at somepoint during Saturday, however latest indications are that the Central Highlands could escape the worst and may even be in the centre of the system and pull a fine day out of the hat.

TBH I think Saturday is shaping up to be one of those days where you just have to turn up and see what happens unless you have a very reliable crystal ball. Nothing worse than sitting at home staring at the blue sky on the webcam thinking &^%$ing forecasts, esp on the first day of the season! Laughing

CairnGorm Mountain are aiming for 3 lifts - The Funicular, M1 Poma and Ciste Tow - at this stage. Both they and Glencoe will update Friday with a further assesment of conditions when they will also hopefully have a better idea of how the weekend weather will pan out.

If it goes according to plan uplift will be available from 9.30am till 3pm at CairnGorm (3.30pm for the funicular). Tickets will be sold from the Ranger Base (or beside it). The Christmas Market in the Base Station and the Daylodge will be open as usual from 9.30am till 4.30pm. Unlikely to be skiing mid-week and certainly the funicular will not be available during the week, so get ready to spring into action should it still be all go on Friday.

Let the fun begin! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about my favourite, Nevis Range?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Winterhighland, thought this may happen as they had already sent out the season passes. You're right about the weather though it's been horrendous since Sat and may stay bad all weekend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice one Winterhighland Smile
latest report
 brian
brian
snowball, the gondola is currently shut for maintenance but their website says they'll consider opening at weekends, doesn't say if that applies to this coming one or not.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly,

Have they sent out season passes - I haven't got mine yet and I ordered mine in April!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks brian, but I can't really go for a couple of weeks anyway, at best (by when it may have all melted...... or got deeper).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Season passes already sent out! That's news to me. Like Dave I ordered mine at Easter last year.

Nothing arrived yet.

Paul
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Horsley, Not sure about Cairngorm but friends on the west coast have got theirs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latest news from Cairngorm Mountain - IF YOUR NAME'S ON THE LIST YOU CAN GET IN!

Those that have a pass from last year or paid for a 06/07 season pass will be given a complimentary ticket for the day.

Everyone else will be charged £16.50. There is only a manual ticketing system available because the new system and ticket office aren't ready yet. There may be a bit of a bottleneck first thing in the morning!

CML are having a management meeting at noon today to finalise details for the weekend and will post more on their website later today.

The craic from BK is that this weekend is all about making an effort for their supporters. Let's hope the weather allows them to do that!!

Message from Bob Kinnaird (da boss!) in full below:

"If you have bought this years pass we will have your name on the list and you will be given a complimentary pass.

It would also be helpful to get the message out that we don't have a ticket office ...or new ticket system in place for Saturday. We are rebuilding the ticket office and installing the new system and hope to have them in place for early December. We have therefore resorted to a manual ticket system just to get things up and running. We will do our best ..this week end is more about trying to provide something for our season pass holders( supporters) and demonstrating that we are really making the effort.

Sunday sounds a better day, but we will have a management meeting at 12 O'clock today and publish an update then

Bob"

Well done Bob for replying to another query so quickly. wink

Paul
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup, nice one Very Happy

Have a great time folks and save some snow for me - am up week/weekend after next.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like it was a good day today (Saturday) - more info on this thread

Anyone else go up or going up Sunday?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
II is going up, he mentioned it in another thread
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks FenlandSkier - the other thread is here and includes a few photos from the weekend.

Cover looking pretty decent from the middle up and a great time was apparently had by all Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy