Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Child care/nannies in Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone any experience/knowledge of this please? It's not needed until next season (like to be prepared!) but looking for contacts for English/English-speaking nanny service and / or picking up and dropping off older children at ski school

Info appreciated Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anniepen, There is very little in the way of nannying service currently in ADH. Depending on how old the children are there are various creches. The alternative is the Crystal run creche which will take non-crystal guests if they have space. Worth probably investigating again at the start of the season that you will need it for as you never know...someone might have got something new up and running by then!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hotel hermitage nanny service is excellent if you are staying in the hotel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, there is a lack of childcare in ADH this season although the creche that has closed will/should be open for next year. I take on an au-pair each season to help me and last year she was in great demand from my guests to either look after or take/pick up children from the ski school. I have taken on 2 for this year to therefore be able to offer the service to my guests and I'm sure I'll have 2 next year so give me a bell if you would like someone to help.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen, if it's any help I posted a similar query. We were thinking of the hotel Hermitage, which is a Crystal ClubHotel and has a creche in house. See link below.

http://www.snowheads.co.uk/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20783
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - will look at the options you suggest and may take you up on your kind offers of further help snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jimmjimm, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi
Good bits-
We went with Crystal to ADH last year with our 18mth old boy, stayed in the Hermitage, where the creche is.
It was very good, we were out of season - early Feb, there were only 3 others in the creche that week. Staff were very attentive and did lost of activities including taking them out if the weather was OK ( with our approval first)
We were in the annex which was nice and quiet and a big 2 roomed apt, but it is over the road from the hotel so if you want a baby monitor stay in the main building.
We are going Flaine with Crystal this season, based on recomendations from other parents at ADH. We are going to investigate the local creche whilst there for future use. It is also a short transfer.
Bad Bits - in 05 we went to LDH on a cheap deal no child facilities, tried to use the local creche, it was 2 bus rides from the hotel, up a steep icy road, then an icy sprial staircase, then run by brusk staff Evil or Very Mad who seemed to put kids on the floor and let them cry! Crying or Very sad Only used it for 1/2 a day. Rest of the week we had to split the time between looking after baby and skiing, but never together. Crying or Very sad
We have come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for, and if you want to ski without worrying its worth the extra.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks geoffknight, for the overview. General concensus isn't great, but we'll keep an eye on the situation before deciding. Thanks to all for the input Smile Definitely a niche in the market for someone
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When our boys were little, the best child care we ever had was when we took our own 'nanny' with us. One year it was one of my sisters, the other our full-time nanny who looked after the boys when I was at work. By driving and staying in self catering accommodation it didn't really cost much extra, and the peace of mind was well worth it, cos they were with someone they knew, and we knew would look after them properly.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
there is a child care place at the bottom of town.

but i have to admit that my daughter aged 4.5 at the time didn't like it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy