Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A trip to Tchibo, followed by...

Poster: A snowHead
...a trip to Decathlon. How much excitement can you pack into a lunchtime in Surrey Quays... Shocked

I've been thinking about doing buying a back protector for the coming season and spotted that they have some in Tchibo - so I thought I'd have a gander.

They aren't bad - although the medium requires a svetler waist than I have Embarassed and the large was too big for me. They aren't as comfortable as the Dainese ones I've previously tried on - but for less than half the price they're good value.

Tchibo are also doing a very decent immitation of a Suunto watch that I would have bought - except for the fact that I have women's wrists and the watch looked extremely stupid on me.

The watch is a bargain if it fits you!

I also swung by Decathlon. Not much to report except some Atomic izor 9 skis reduced from £299 to £179 (instore price).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Tchibo are also doing a very decent immitation of a Suunto watch that I would have bought - except for the fact that I have women's wrists and the watch looked extremely stupid on me.

I have one from a couple of years ago. Works fine snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can buy CE approved back protectors at £30-40 from most decent motorbike stores. Did you have a look at the 320 hooded jacket - is that a soft-shell?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
You can buy CE approved back protectors at £30-40 from most decent motorbike stores. Did you have a look at the 320 hooded jacket - is that a soft-shell?

I didn't sorry fatbob.

It looks awfully like softshell on the picture though...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw a previous message on a thread about lidl/aldi skigear and they recommended the goggles from tchibo but they don't appear to be selling them this year - any bright ideas for a novice I am taking along this year?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kaiser, Try E-bay
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kaiser, lidl/aldi sell gogglestoo - my jacket/trousers set are from aldi and performed brilliantly in -12 degrees and howling winds on L2A glacier. the aldi stuff is by a company called Crane Sports so it might be worth seeing if they have their own website, I'll have a look.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kaiser, no website for crane sports, however here's a link to goggles on ebay
http://sports.listings.ebay.co.uk/Accessories_Goggles_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ21230QQsocmdZListingItemList
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kaiser, The Lidl thread you mentioned is here, it's in the shops on Thursday.
Lidl thread
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski wrote:
Quote:

I have one from a couple of years ago. Works fine snowHead

All that's missing from that is possibly the most useful thing int eh world - the Snopass
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eng_ch, funny, I thought the same thing wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rather strangely, I bought a Performance Ski Jumper froma small Tchibo section in Sainsburys today - they had sallopettes, thermals, socks, gloves, hats, balaclavas etc at very low prices.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The socks are great, hubby likes thinner ones and buys the cross-country ski socks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eng_ch, Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

All that's missing from that is possibly the most useful thing int eh world - the Snopass

Don't need a pass to go where the watch is most useful wink Going there is free snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Tchibo jacket and ski bag ( and salopettes, jumper, socks and balaclava) bought yesterday match my new Recons perfectly...

And that's the most important thing. Isn't it? Laughing
snow report
My mum and I went to Carters in Reading and succombed to a new Bonfire outfit pour moi and a rather warm long Saloman jacket for mother- alas no ipod beanie Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Boredsurfin I had a look this morning and found the goggles to be dual lens but full of glue!!?? Not sure if they will be up for the job? The socks looked okay if only slightly better than tubes (I am a merino man myself Cool )
latest report
We have there shops in Switzerland

Heres whats on offer

http://www.tchibo.ch/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/ch/-/CHF/TdChBrowseCatalog-Start;sid=9zoWkLpZqZMWkf8_N3Qc9LnLy8cghPpL3g8=?CategoryName=phase_1&Entry=nlpopup
snow conditions
stanton,

That looks remarkably similar to http://tchibo.co.uk and the exchange rate means even the prices are about the same!
ski holidays
Bizarre conversation with Tchibo today.

Because they didn't have all the stuff I wanted in the high street, I went online.

Secure site and all that , filled in CCard details, placed order, with a £5 voucher discount, email confirmation promptly back to me. Luvly Jubbly. Sorted.

Well, you'd have thought.

Got a letter today: " as first time buyer please can you send us a personal cheque. Our company needs to protect itself... we are liable to suppliers and employees...".

My initial thought was this load of guff was a scam mail and that their security had been compromised. Where do they get the idea that a personal cheque gives them better "protection" than a credit card payment?

So called customer service. No, it was genuine.
Apparently they think they have a better chance of establishing a long term relationship with me by insisting that I buy an envelope and a stamp, wait 3 days for it to get to them, and thena further 4 days while the cheque clears, so , as their service centre put it "they can set up your details with the bank for faster service in the future". Eh? - as a Credit card holder the Banks have done all the checking required: you Mr Retailer need know nothing about my bank account - its not important. So what the fox hat all about? Non credible BS quite frankly.

And consequently add another 7 days (at this time of year for gawds sake!) for delivery - I did check that they wouldn't sell out while they were going through this rigmarole - but apparently an order placed is put on one side for up to a month waiting for the cheque.
Which makes as much sense as a down-hill drag lift: given that their whole business model is predicated on weekly turnover, why on earth would they want to clutter up their warehouses with things that they have no marketing channels for if I decide not to order after all?

Oh, and because I haven't paid yet, I have to send a cheque not including the £5 discount, but they will credit it straight back to me, by sending me a cheque.

But its all OK because "this is the only time you have to do this - after the first order you can use a CCard" . Well thank you so much for that.

I know they seem to have a strange business model, but this seems way out in left field.

I did check the calendar, its not April 1st.

Anyone else experienced this odd behaviour, with ANY of their on-line retail purchases? Ever? Because I certainly haven't.

Just for comparative purposes,
Last month I bought a DVD player from threewisemonkeys (first contact with them) - I confirmed by email at 4:50pm that I accepted their offer of enhanced discount (long story) , the box was on my front door by 9:15 the next day. Now THAT's customer service.
snow report
I did some consulting work for a company making very innovative SOFT SHELL BODY ARMOUR check out

http://www.tprobodyarmour.co.uk/snow.asp
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy