Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I get large balls, they must have a high burst rate?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well the exercise has started for my death defying exploit's on the slopes. Confused I have been advised to try out some excises with one of those large balls, I have also bought the Skilates DVD for skiers which uses one in rather interesting way. Madeye-Smiley Most shops and sites on the net only list balls with a burst rate of 300 to 350 lb, I'm afraid to say these are not Strong enough. Embarassed I have been told to get a 500lb minimum rating for my size, lardmaster extraordinaire, but unfortunately I can't trace any. Does anyone have any idea where I could source one? It would be a great help. I'm also hoping it won't cost an arm and leg as I need these for skiing. rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Headplant, I would buy online. Do a google for Swiss Balls. I have had one for a year or so, it makes a nice contemporary floor ornament Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How much do you actually weigh?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Headplant, I have a bog standard but reasonable quality one. Iam 125kg and it would take more.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Headplant, Are you sure you're not mixing up burst and user weight or pounds and kilos?

350lb is a very low burst rating I think you might mean 350kg.

I have a Togu Power Ball which is 500kg (1100lb) burst and max user weight 90kg (200lb) if this rating's OK then you can get one from http://www.wiggle.co.uk/default.aspx?cat=fitness sell them.

The Togu Powerball Extreme is stronger at 1000kg burst rating but no idea where you could get one.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skiing reall hairy stuff this year...??? wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't believe there are 'real men' posting here that haven't made hay with the title of this thread!! Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hard to believe, but some of us have some decency... Laughing Surely it would be insulting all the other men's intelligence if we needed to flag it... Plus I was just laughing too much to post a reply. rolling eyes

I think JT did though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Headplant, I too assumed you were looking to purchase these balls for exploits such as this:

http://www.skipressworld.com/us/en/daily_news/2006/01/jamie_pierre_jumps_225_foot_cliff_for_world_record.html?cat=Adventure

Somewhat disppointed to find the thread is about pilates
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought I would let the thread settle for a while to see what the response would be. Plenty of interest but only a few posts. Sad I think my humour missed the spot slightly, sorry if I have cause offence Embarassed

Frosty the Snowman, you have come through as always. I have searched the web for a while looking for one of these balls but they where all really expensive and normally US based companies. I Googled as suggested and only just noticed the UK sites only button. Embarassed Pressed the button and hay-presto British companies selling balls at reasonable prices. Smile A local shop for for local people. Laughing

Out came the credit card and along it came in a day, this one is tested up to 200kg so it should be OK. Pumping the ball up almost killed me, Shocked after much huffing and puffing there it was in all its bright green splendour sitting in the living room. Smile Not much room to move so I thought I would have a go on it in the kitchen, but then to dismay it won't fit through the door Shocked Embarassed I had this sudden vision of me spend £50,000 on an extension to the house just to keep a £15 plastic ball out of harms way. Laughing I solved the problem by deflating the ball a bit and moving it to the back bedroom where I have now made space to use it.

These balls are not as easy to use as may first appear, the DVD made things look simple but then these people are rather well exercised with lots of core strength, just what I need the ball for. My first few attempts have ended with me developing my headplanting skills further and laughing until I can't breathe. They say you should see the results quite quickly but I'm not sure if I will still be alive at that point.

Rich, Thanks for the help, the burst rate is a bit strange as the ball I have bought was advertised at 600lb but when it arrived it was 200kg which is about 450lb? I can't stand all this metric stuff, I was born by the pound and I will die by the pound. Laughing

JT, Yes I plan to move from up from green runs to blue runs this year. Shock It,s a bit of a return to basics year, did the long skis in the 80's and skied reds ok but on my return to skiing in 2004 I couldn't get on with the new skis? Evil or Very Mad I was rather unfit and almost twice the weight I was in the 80's so its not surprising. A number of recent threads have be very useful, the ski myths thread about unweighting and weighting on the turn and the one about leg conditioning and I hope to use a number of the tips snowheads have given to improve my technique. So I'm living in hope that things will click into place this year after working on the fitness, the core strength and the balance. I'm not looking to make great progress but do hope to be able to get down the mountain safely and in control, it may not be to hairy to most but it frightens the pants off me. Toofy Grin Bring it on.

fatbob, Sorry to disappoint, it looks like an interesting option as I have spent my last bit of slope time waiting for impact with my eyes closed so perhaps this type of jump is the next step or should I say fall to take. Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy