Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Someone else with wide feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Male requires seriously wide boots (G minimum preferably H). Forefoot 115mm (yes 115mm!!), I can cope with 112mm if need be, UK footsize an 8 but will stretch to 8.5 for the right boot. My Tecnicas are already stretched beyond tolerance (I had to promise the guy in a shop in the Alps who was stretching them every day last year that it was ok if he wrecked them!)

Pronation also a extreme. Boy am I fun to go shoe shopping with...

Any advice on model brand and location ( I am in Hants but Berks and Wilts are options)

Thanks in advance...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
allinsona, I have wide feet (think they've been flattened by the other wide areas of my body!) Wink Try Nordica's, they usually tend to be roomy at the front IME
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
allinsona, out of curiosity, does your current boot contact the snow at (modestly) high edge angles?

http://www.lockwoodsoutdoor.co.uk/articles/daleboot1.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nordicas do look a good bet.

I do not get contact with the snow and boot. I should probably post a picture of my hobbit like left foot...

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nordica have boots at in size 27(8 uk) 102mm, 104mm and 106mm so good luck.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have very wide feet and after trying on a lot of cheap and very expensive boots, the most comfortable by far were the Nordica Easymove 10s. Perhaps not the best boot on the market, but certainly for a dream for my feet. I rented some boots last winter and was half way down a slope when I coulddn't take the pain any more and had to walk down and change them for a wider pair !!! I have worn these for hours and not felt a thing....

Other Nordica models seemed to be wider too...

Adam
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Out of interest, how is the scale of different foot widths measured and defined A-H etc defined - I couldn't find a clear answer to that after some googling...?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy