Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train from Geneva to Verbier - overnight stop?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're taking the train from Geneva airport to Martigny - Le Chable in January and need to stay somewhere on the Friday night before heading up to Verbier. Does anyone know of any good hotels en route?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
RachelQ, the holiday inn express at Geneva airport is quite handy (free shuttle), if you don't mind an early start on the Saturday. Nice new rooms and a decent breakfast buffet. £50 for a double or twin room.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks brian, but we want to get most of the way before we stop so we can be in Verbier early Saturday. I'd thought about getting as far as Le Chable, but I haven't looked to see if any hotels there would do just one night. I like the price though Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Hotel Du Gietroz in Le chable is what you're after 027 776 11 84. In Jan you can probably get a single night no problem, especially a Friday. It's about 400m form the railway station. I presume you've got acommodation in Verbier but can't get to it until Saturday. If that's not the case a taxi from Le Chable to Verbier is only £20-25. An alternative is Martigny where there are loads of hotels.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Steve, I'll give them a call. Yes, we're staying in Verbier from the Saturday for a week, didn't really want to stay in Martigny, cos I want to see the snow asap snowHead Isn't there a postbus that goes up to Verbier from Le Chable regularly?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RachelQ, Yes there is, depending on where you're staying in Verbier it may be easier to get the bubble up from Le Chable on the saturday morning. It's quicker than the post bus and if you buy your weeks pass then it's in effect free.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steve Sparks, thank you, but sorry, more questions. Can we buy a 4 Valleys ski pass in Le Chable and go on the bubble with luggage, skis etc.?
We're staying just off the Place Centrale, is that where the post office is where the bus stops?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ, no worries. you can buy your pass in le chable and you can get all your gear and yourselves in the bubble but if you're just off the place centrale (hotel de Verbier?) then the bus is probably more convenient. The bus station is virtually in the place centrale and if you got the bubble you would need to take a bus down from the medran lift station to the place centrale.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steve Sparks, the bus it is then. Thank you very much for your help Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy