Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet hosts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know how much they earn on average?

Not inculding the things they get for free, ie accomodation, ski pass, ski/boot hire, food, etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
edde, welcome to snowHeads!

I'd suggest you'll get the answer on:
www.Natives.co.uk
- Their chatroom is full of staff
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
About £60 - £70 per week. A lot of companies hold back a % which is paid at the end of the season and some companies insist on a bond.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't answer this, but it's probably the same (in real terms) to what I was paid as an unqualified ski instructor on Cairngorm in 1974 - accommodation, two meals a day, and 15 quid per week.

But we were regularly treated to a free return trip to Aviemore (from Newtonmore) for the Monday midnight movie (cinema now demolished, I believe).

Golden days!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David, just remeber, nostaglia is not what it used to be.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, it's not. I remember the days when chalet girls earned a shilling a month and suffered Dickensian working conditions. But poverty has always created a sense of community.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David, I wonder how many chalet hosts actually go to the cinema these days whilst working in a ski resort? I suspect the opportunity to drink themselves into an alcoholic oblivion is far more preferable than watching 'manon des sources'!

Yes, times do change........and yes, poverty has always created a sense of community. Clearly the sense of community you are speaking of is not the sort you'll find in 'gated off' middle class enclaves in Surrey!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chalet staff do go to the cinema still! But only when they are showing English language versions of the usual Hollywood films in resort cinemas... and when they need a night off the booze (normally some time in late February).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevin mcclean, I'm from Surrey! the "gated off" bits are definitely NOT middle class - much too expensive - those places all belong to rich Arab Kings and such like (or George Best before his last episode). Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy