Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Open invite to chalet pimp

Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at accomodation for 3 guys for week commencing 10th March 2007. Would like a resort with challenging on piste skiing and a reasonable size skiing area. Certainly views have been mooted to go to Verbier. Looking for options that make our lives as easy as possible eg transfers included. Other resorts countries considred. i think we are looking for catered. Happpy to consider options in switzerland, france and austria. thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
disapointing, I had images of a Huggy Bear figure in a long coat with ski goggles on pimping chalet girls...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Two of the three of us would be looking for new homes with bits of our anatomy surgically removed if we tried such activities (however much we may dream) Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Canyons, Utah.
Apartment about 50m from the slopes. Complex includes indoor/outdoor pool, hot tubs, gym, boot/ski room, cheap transfer from SLC airport,...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Foxy how much are flights to SLC (typically) Prob bit too far to go Sad but tempting
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dan100, um, I'd need to check, but you are probably looking at around £400. (then you need to allow for beer at about $12 a pitcher (3.5 pints), and all the other expenses)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
martski, Chalet girls are perfectly capable of pimping themselves. Its almost liek a co operative.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it helps get a cheapr holiday Neil and I might pimp the single guy. Pimping ourselves might not go down well with wives and kids (as if we had a hope). Single guy is partner at the tender age of 34 in major law firm (good financial prospects). Fit in that his hobbies are biking and running half marathons. Not prepared to comments on looks. Does that get me a cheap holiday anywhere Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 brian
brian
dan100, my place is available and cheap (902 CHF = approx. £380) .... but falls down on the catering angle. Swiss transfer ticket would make it easy.... but practical ski area without car (Grimentz plus Zinal) might not tick your bigness box at 120km. With car (or you don't mind buses) there's 220km plus Crans/Montana and the 4Vs in 45 mins or so.

So pretty much unsuitable but you did ask .... Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian wrote:
dan100, my place is available and cheap (902 CHF = approx. £380) .... but falls down on the catering angle. Swiss transfer ticket would make it easy.... but practical ski area without car (Grimentz plus Zinal) might not tick your bigness box at 120km. With car (or you don't mind buses) there's 220km plus Crans/Montana and the 4Vs in 45 mins or so.

So pretty much unsuitable but you did ask .... Laughing

not the end of the world. Is the bedroom a twin or a double . We may be friends but not that good friends. I think the area is big enough. Depends on whether we could get cheap flights.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
dan100, twin bedroom plus double sofabed, so fine for 3 "not that close" friends Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dan100, you did ask. Think about Chamonix.

Certainly fits the challenging piste skiing. Lively nightlife, swedish blonde waitresses in pigtails at "Munchies".

We have an apartment available:

Newly renovated to high standard. 60m2, 1 double room, ensuite and 1 twin. Separate bathroom. Can arrange catering on whatever basis you require. Can't arrange transfer but can recommend transfer company. Located very centrally and a few minutes from Brevent bubble. Easy bus access to other CHX areas. See link below. Apartment is Euros 1,350 for the week including towels and linen.

PM me if you're interested...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch wrote:
dan100, you did ask. Think about Chamonix.

Certainly fits the challenging piste skiing. Lively nightlife, swedish blonde waitresses in pigtails at "Munchies".

We have an apartment available:

Newly renovated to high standard. 60m2, 1 double room, ensuite and 1 twin. Separate bathroom. Can arrange catering on whatever basis you require. Can't arrange transfer but can recommend transfer company. Located very centrally and a few minutes from Brevent bubble. Easy bus access to other CHX areas. See link below. Apartment is Euros 1,350 for the week including towels and linen.

PM me if you're interested...

Thanks David

I don't mind what offers are extended as I've extended an invite with guidance as to what we are looking for. I think because there is three of us, your apartment will be slightly outside our budget for self catering (it looks nice though I've followed your thread with interest) once you add flights and care hire, I think it would end up being pricey especially as flights woin't be that cheap now. We haven't ruled out self catered accom. I also know the other two really want to go to Verbier so that will need to be investigated . I'm more sanguine as to where we go. Thanks anyway.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have a cheap apartment from the 11th with a bike mad, snowboard mad landlord if you fancy coming to Austria. Only 860 km of piste!!
2 separate bedrooms for 560 Euros for the week. we can even offer breakfast if you are interested.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
still like the idea of huggy bear in goggles,every resort should have one !!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Mountain Addict--Just read your link-- in Hungarian! I 'd love to spend a few days skiing in Austria sometime this winter--do you do single rooms?
latest report
I might be interested in the single guy but can't get away 10th March cos too much work - oops sorry thought I was logged in to dating direct.............. spoo
latest report
In that case snowcat, you want this thread. Pull up a bar stool and join us.
ski holidays
What a good idea!--is there a REAL thread to match us single skicats wih suitable single skitoms? Ages irrelevant but preferably beyond nursery slopes and not into icy black bumps! wink
snow report
Julieanne, No real thread as far as I know - maybe we should start one - or myabe it will hide amongst the "Trips" threads

I can do icy black bumps and need a snowtom to encourage me off piste more
ski holidays
Julieanne, maybe join one of the big trips, MSB or the EOSB? I don't know the entry requirements for 'skitom' status but there's been a glut of single skiers on them.
snow report
FenlandSkier, don't start me on entry requirements - could be a very exclusive club - I'm very fussy
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, do tell me about MSB or the EoSB! and
snowcat --yes-- let's start a new thread--no need to mention pimping though, do we? Razz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PS The reason I need skitoms is to get me onto the slopes on a cold an frosty morning! Otherwise I tend to munch too many croissants and cappuccinos for breakfast ---and end up at lunchtime in a mountain restaurant for more of the same....(though I am not obese---YET!) Confused
snow conditions
Julieanne, Good idea - I don't need any motivation to get out on the slopes though - first and last lift of the day (and sometimes stranded and taxi back to resort!)

I do ski with lots of different people and I find that having singles just really adds to the interest (maybe just a little frisson that something else might click perhaps).

I also just want to spend time with people who are better than me and can push me on and unfortuntely all those people in my circles tend to be men who are spoken for. That does then create problems if Mrs is a little timid opn the slopes and Mr wants to rip it up with me cos I'm game for anything. No such problem with skitoms (just need to rein in their egos a little sometimes). wink

So what should our new thread be about do you think?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowcat, yes-- glad to have met you!-- (I'll just have another cappucino now and put my thinking cap on! )
I too love to ski with people who are better than me, and have had the same experience as you with skiing couples...so we definitely need some willing and able skitoms as companions! I had even joined a dating site and been searching for skiers there--- but any who claim to ski have apres-ski higher on their list..So-- what shall we head our thread and where to put it? Little Angel
snow report
Julieanne, Same experience on dating site looking for climbers - most of them who claim to be climbers in fact are just walkers who don't know one end of the rope from another. So far only found one decent looking guy who has not returned my message Crying or Very sad

Should we title it - Looking for Snowtoms? or would that be too forward....

I think it should still probably go in the trips forum as we could also arrange to get together over here at indoor ski places

I am also thinking about EoSB as short of companions for that time of year and also getting trip arrangement fatigue - as I want to go I end up organising everything for most trips and as I am trying to go away 7 or 8 times in the season it all gets a bit wearing sometimes. At least with EoSB some of that will be done and could be a good hunting ground.
ski holidays
Julieanne, I'll PM you - not sure this should be on open forum.......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcat, Good Idea--sounds like we might come up with a good scheme!
snow conditions
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=31 and look for the MSB thread and the EOSB07 poll which has all the info in it so far.
snow report
I go away for a weekend and snowcat/julianne hijack the thread rolling eyes . From the sound of things god help the EOSB. wink This remind me of a long running thread in Apres.
ski holidays
dan100, Hijack, wot hijack - its all very democratic here - or are you just a scaredy tom, frightened of a couple of assertive women not afriad to go out and look for what they want........
ski holidays
snowcat wrote:

...not afriad to go out and look for what they want........

...their own thread? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hoppo, Every girl needs her own thread - its a woman's right
ski holidays
Quote:

Every girl needs her own thread

(Waits for a man to say "and her own needle") Shocked
latest report
Tell you what snowcat, start a thread in Apres titled "Skicat seeks Skitom" and see how many bites you get wink
snow conditions
FenlandSkier wrote:
Tell you what snowcat, start a thread in Apres titled "Skicat seeks Skitom" and see how many bites you get wink

Like - we already thought about that Toofy Grin
snow report
Hey, -- I already featured as "skicat" on 2 dating sites and the only bites I got were from non-skiing wolves...
miauwww! Embarassed
PS. Sincere apologies for derailing your thread,dan100, good luck with finding your chalet!
snow report
snowcat, If you want climbers.... try http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/ if you haven't already. They do their own forms of the EOSB (ok - informal meet ups). I keep on trying to talk girls into trying ice climbing but they all seem to prefer the sunny warm rock Puzzled

Following this thread up - there could be an End of Bashing Singles in the offing for snowHeads hehehe Razz
snow report
snowcat, and Julieanne, - On this skitom hunt... do the victims get a head start, will it be a pack chase in the manner of fox hunting or will you rely on drawing them in with bait of ski wax and beer and then ambush them?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy