Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Peisey/Les Arcs on Jan 2nd staying with Pleisure Holidays ?

Anyone been ?

I know it is quite quiet but are there any bars knocking about ?

Cheers Wallas
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wallas wrote:
Going to Peisey/Les Arcs on Jan 2nd staying with Pleisure Holidays ?

Anyone been ?

I know it is quite quiet but are there any bars knocking about ?

Cheers Wallas

Yes I have been on a last minute cheapo with a different firm. It is a nice old town with plenty of character. I am not keen on the concrete apartment blocks in stations de ski. Bucket lift up to the main skiing.

There are a couple of bars. The larger of the two, which has music, was manned by a very helpful, but manic young Frenchman who appeared to be high on drugs for the whole week. It closes about two or three in the morning and they let you out via the adjacent hotel. The other one behind the Equity-run hotel is a quieter place used mainly by the locals.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Avoid bar owners called Will with squirrel fetishes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My daughter and her school mates will be knocking about. I trust you've received a hefty discount.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers folks.

I can't wait to get out there, just hope there is a massive dump of snow !!

Mr. Richmond - are they staying with Pleisure Holidays at Chalet PH1 ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wallas, I can't remember, but I don't recognise the name. I'll check. I know that they are sharing their hotel with normal people, which seems a bit much.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wallas, Whereabouts are you staying? It gets a bit confusing round there, with Peisey, Plan Peisey & Peisey Nancroix! If its Peisey itself, as Latchigo, says, its up in the yogurt pots to the main chair lifts. They close about 5ish & not sure what the nightlife is like down there - pretty quiet I should think. If its Plan Peisey, you've got the delights of Vallandry to enjoy as well - all pretty quiet to be honest, but make sure you go & visit Tracker at The Mont Blanc.
richmond, Is it L'Emeraud? I know they have school parties there!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geri, it could be, seems to ring a bell; I'm confused between the various Peiseys.

I don't know Les Arcs or La Plagne at all. It lloks fine from the piste map; how easy is it to get from Peisey to the guts of the Les Arcs skiing? The daughter isn't going to be too pleased if she has to spend half the day pigging about on tedious runs and lifts to get anywhere worth skiing. She'll be there over New Year; will it be very busy?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, if its l'Emeraud shes staying at, its very easy - 200metres if that to the Grizzli chair lift - a new, fast 6 man lift, then some nice runs down to Plan Bois lift & up & shes in Les Arcs, depending on which way she turns at the top there. Dont discount the skiing in Peisey/Vallandry itself - probably be a bit quieter over New Year, & the pistes are really well groomed. Think she'll have a great time - if she's at l'Emeraud, tell her to watch for the double fireworks at The Mont Blanc - they celebrate French New Year, then an hour later, see in the English New Year as well! Also, she should be able to ski right back to the hotel. Hope she has fun!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wallas, Peisey is beautiful, but quiet.
We do free minibus runs up to The Flying Squirrel Bar in Plan Peisey (5 mins up the hill on the slopes), which your chalet hosts should be able to tell you about... other than that, there is Mont Blanc in Vallandry 10 mins away and a couple of sleepyish bars in Peisey.
ps - you'll get a "Snowheads 10% discount" at The Squirrel by the way!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flying Squirrel, Me and the my hoard are staying with Esprit at Plan Peisey at Christmas, being a Yorkshireman we'll definately be visitors if theres discount! by the way do you know if anythings lined up for Christmas Day my 5year old powder pup was hoping to see Fr Christmas
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flying_squirrel, What are your opening hours?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rowley B QC, http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/

Doesnt mention Santa, but the last couple of years santa arrived on Christmas eve - when the French celebrate Christmas.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rowley B QC, I'm sure Esprit put something on for the kids, presumabky involving the jolly man in red!

geri, 11am to 2am, food served from midday to 9pm, except Saturdays when we open at 9 for weekend breakfasts.
(http://www.plan-peisey-accommodation.co.uk/squirrel/index.html)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am going out to Peisey in feb, there is a group of 17 but a few of us are younger how far are the nearest clubs, I guess they are in Les Arc?
latest report
b.dudman, yeah 1800 for big sweaty clubs. P-V for proper drinking, not dancing!! wink
ski holidays
How far is 1800 from Peisey?
ski holidays
b.dudman, it's a nice 15 minute walk along the Foret(?) green
ski holidays
have stayed ih peisey on a last minute deal worried all the way there but had 1 of best weeks ever ,your sure to love it ,great ski home,have a good time, im jealous already.
snow report
We're in Vallandry over Christmas which is part of Peisey area - is quiet but fine for us as have young kids.

From here is very easy to get to main Les Arcs areas - either one lift and a long flat traverse or two lifts and a ski down into Arcs 1950 (I think). Certainly no problems.

Mind you the skiing above Vallandry is good fun - tends to be quiet as everyone rushed of to Les Arcs or La Plange, also as is treelined for the most part is a lot better if cloudy.
ski holidays
The Plan Peisey side of the mountain is also where the Les Arcs skiers go in bad visibility since it has most of the skiing below the tree line. And if you want a small adventure it is also possible to ski back there off-piste off the back of the Arc 2000 valley around the Aiguille Grive.
The best Piste map I have found is http://www.skibike.net/images/Maps%20and%20flags/les_arcs_piste_map.jpg . And of course you are near the new lift linking to the La Plagne skiing.
snow report
Flying Squirrel - discount on beer ? You'll be getting a visit from us.

Five weeks to go.

Bring it on !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy