Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
update 15th march 2007

conditions much improved from the last time i rode. We started early. I thought this might mean icy piste, I was wrong! it was lovely and soft from the very first run and didn't get too icy (apart from on that blue down to the clot gautier) till about 3 when we came off the mountain.

worst thing was it was still quiet busy.

Best off piste (your still riding off piste Shocked i hear you say) was the cucamel and we managed to get fresh (slushy pow) trax down one of the gullies, very nearly got unstuck with lack of snow but i managed to get out with no problem, t'other half managed to break the edge of his board (he and rocks are like magnets!!!!) The other good bit of off piste was off the Crete drag down to the clot shevalier (3 man to chantemerle) it was very bobbly but nice and soft so good fun!

best piste of the day was La Dray and................beleive it or not the luc alphond Shocked Shocked Shocked it is in a terrible state but it was just great to ride and there was no one on either run!

The lifties are telling me snow on sunday, we do really need it now, despite conditions being such fun.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowangel., Have you got lots of Italians? We've got hundreds of them - why?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, yeh hundreds! I think its cos the snow over there is non existant, but i'm off to montgenevre tomorrow so will find out for sure.

Come to think of it i think we had loads of italians this time last year, maybe they have a long weekend this weekend??? It was also much busier to day than it had been all week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel., It wasn't too bad here today, but I shall be please when the Italians go home - lots of their instructors coming for a week or so and behaving like they own the piste! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
18th march 2007

Only rode for an hour today (or so) and only in Monetier. Snow was good up top, even got some freshies off piste, but most of the off piste was mougled to hell. Lower slopes very very slushy but the rest was great.

Spent all day yesterday in the park taking photo's of the bataleon slope style show, and today the were sessioning a staircase on the mickey!

just a teaser for you
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i'm due out in 2 weeks
will i have snow or should i bring my drinking head with me?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel., love the photo. You shall have to think about sorting some of your pics out for entry for the next sH calendar.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, thank you i'll keep my eyes open for the entry times! most of them on here were taken with my camera phone! not bad eh! That one wasn't mind, but you probably worked that one out.

dandtd, i didn't go up today as i went to alp d'huez but its still fun up there, links are still open and hopefully we'll get some more snow this weekend
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
update for 25th march 2007.

I have to admit i wasn't really feeling it today, and that mood was not helped by the very flat light and too many very icy patches (well i kept finding them!!!)

I must say some of the pistes are actually very nice, my best today was the luc alphond from the top it was hard but had snow on it and not icy, then from the very steep bit (the wall) it was lovely and slushy and hence great fun.

its been snowing up there but its a flurry and many flurry's but not accumulating which is what we need!

I think its better for skiers and i will be putting on ski's on my other halfs next day off, if just so we can laugh at how bad we both ski!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
wow what a difference a day makes!

i went to bed last night preying for at least 5cm, we got a lot more! in places over 2ft in others just a foot.

an awesome day of off piste was had, vis was bad so couldn't do as much as we wanted, but tomorrow will be a great day.

it was still snowing when i came down at 4.15

if your coming to serre che in the next few days, lucky old you Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
another great day, done off piste i'd not yet done this season.

piste is in great shape, off pist is in great shape as long as you know where to look as now its getting quite tracked

still looking wonderful, just dont make comment about hoz the luc looks Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Day off today after twisting my knee (again). Hoping to get two more days in before we come home.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, oh no! hope its better soon
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., much better today, I misjudged an exit from the boulder field. Off for a full day tomorrow I hope.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, i hope you get up there tomorrow, i got to go take pics at a jib fest in lyon so wont be having any of the awesome pow that is falling right now!

but its due to continue sat night so sunday it will be a pow fest!
snow conditions
Rode the montagnol today, it was lovely, freshies at the top and pretty much all the way down. Had to walk from where it reaches the wooden bridge just after meeting tabuc.

Then hiked the cucamel (well half way - scared of hights cant do the rest) and got lovely freshies all the way down that.
Great bit of food at Pi Mai

pics to follow once battery charged!
latest report
snowangel.,

Is the Montagnol the route under the netting from the top monetier station into a hidden valley which brings you out extreme east of the SC lift system?
snow conditions
JT, yep, that's it. Not done it myself though.
snow conditions
JT, top of the yret, then go as if you were going to go down the yret, but turn left and udner the fence. Yes hidden valley but rejoins tabuc just before the end and comes out to the left of the monetier station (with the mountain behind you!). an awesome bit of back country! last year there were two massive avalanches there and we had to walk quite a way to get over them, this year it was clear but a few sluffs present but nothing to right home about.

here's a pic looking back up to the entrance. I dropped in where all the lines start at the narrow bit, then traversed left (as you look) at it and came down the bit that is less tracked, despite there being lots of tracks there i still got freshies all the way down. sweet as
snow report
snowangel.,
Yep, we spotted that so it had to be done, just didn't know what it was called I lost my camera pack there so if you shoudl come across it... luckily, nothing but a spare battery and the bag was lost. From your pic and our limited knowledge that looks the best way in although maybe a climb/bootpack straight over from the chair might get you higher in...??

We popped under the fence and went right as you look up your pic... I'll have to edit the video and post it.....nice run and good pitch even though the snow lower down was punishing when you got to the tracks
ski holidays
I have seen a few "valley filler" avalanches down there that would have you wishing the folding shovel in your backpack was a JCB! snowHead
latest report
JT, .... as I remember it .... you launched into fluent Latin, when said pack was discovered absent without leave ...... Toofy Grin

(Our resident Ambassadors may recover it if they walk this route in a months time ....)

.... beautiful run though. Serre Chevalier has a lot more to offer that I ever imagined.

.... great picutre snowangel., ... I observe a big 'dent' in the snow in the foreground - I hope this is not indicitative of a 'negative event' ..? Toofy Grin
latest report
BernardC, not my negative event despite my track running straight though it!
pistemeister, last year there were too avalanches on either side when you get down the the river, we had to clamber over them, its a quite an eye opener being that close up and personal to avalanche debris, but its also as close as i ever want to get!
snow report
snowangel. wrote:
BernardC, not my negative event despite my track running straight though it!
pistemeister, last year there were too avalanches on either side when you get down the the river, we had to clamber over them, its a quite an eye opener being that close up and personal to avalanche debris, but its also as close as i ever want to get!

It certainly makes you take more care when planning an alfresco lunch stop. snowHead
snow conditions
update 10/4/07

yesterday i had a fab day on the mountain. rode the echayda, which was very nice and there was about 2cm of fresh which was just enough to make it fun. we had a great day on and off piste, its certainly holding up well, or it was yesterday.

today however we decided that since me and my friend were both given snow shoes for christmas and haven't used them that we should get our back bottoms up the col du lauteret for a bit of a hike. and so we did! and it was awesome!

the look up, we hiked to the left of the picutre

the look down

and the reason we never made it quite to the summit

bless her cotton socks!

i am hoping to hike the galibier on thurs
snow report
update 25/04/07
as we start the lst week of the season it still very very nice up there. Got first lifts today and it was hard but not to icy. Rode the cas de beouf, not sure if that will make it to the endof the week but it was very nice. By 10.30 it had all softend up very nicely and lots of fun was had by all.

very amazed we have got this far and we still only have 4 closed runs (more than normal) martoes, the luc, pylons and briancon. but you honestly dont notice as there is no one here and lots and lots to do!
snow report
update 17th april

In a couple of words...... the mountain is melting and melting fast!!!

still great fun mind! Cas de beouf now closed but we still managed to just about make our way down it.

I'm not sure we'll make it to the weekend but its serious slush fest up there and still great fun. Did feel like we were wake boarding for a bit good job i'm good at that too eh!

I suppose the only thing to think is roll on next season!

Cant complain about this seaosn i've had a great time. Thank you serre che.

this is likely to be my last report. I hope you've enjoyed them. If you came to serre che this year i hope you enjoyed it, if you didn't maybe you'll come next year.

Good bye and good luck! Roll on 2007/08 season Very Happy
snow report
snowangel.,

On behalf of myself, and I am such a large number of snowhead members, thank you for all your reports and photos on Serre Chevalier this season.

You did a fantastic job, very well done, and hopefully we will be reading your reports again next season, I am already looking forward to them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes well said, and ditto.
snow report
thanks guys! I really enjoyed doing them. Just bought the other half some snowshoes for 35e so i think (or at least i hope) our season might start a little earlyer!

have a great summer Very Happy
snow conditions
snowangel., Well done - it has been great following your posts and pics. You will remember we met at Xmas when we were staying at Le Plein Sud. My wife is slowly improving and it is now 10 weeks since the op. (oesophagectomy) Google it to see the enormity of ths operation! Our daughter had a great season in Serre Che working for Skibound at the Hotel Frejus as the rep.

My wife and I fondly remember our time in Serre Che at Xmas when we met so many lovely people. God willing both of us will return some time (and I mean it)!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
DAVID SNELL, i remember you well, with out the prompting! I've just come out of hospital for an op on my stomach so i appreciate what your wife must be going through, wish her well for me.

I will still be at the plein sud next winter (i assume) so we'll see you then!

i wish i were able to still hike the lauteret as there is still some snow up there that is well and truely ridable. But at the mo i'm lucky if i can get to the loo on my own! Still ii'll be back on my feet soon enough and very very ready for sesaon 2007/08
over and out till next season (unless we get any snow that is worth hiking before hand!)
snow report
I know i said over and out till next season but it seemed i lied

today we already have snow to 1700m and its supposed to get lower to 1400m by the end of the day. Its cold but bright!
I've had to bring all my plants inside for fear of them dying!

Going to go walk the dog on the granon so will post some pics later but here is one to tease you!

the prorel

the grand serre

the cucamel and villeneuve are covered in snow but also hidden by cloud at the mo!
snow report
snowangel., Good Morning. To resurrect and old post - I see from the web cams to-day that Serre Che is looking good. Would be nice to hear from you again regarding general news and conditions. Much enjoyed last season's banter Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
snowangel., Apologies - I have just seen that there is a new post on the resorts section. Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy