Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
Snowangel... Glad you recovered sans les yeux noires. Happy shredding tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up date 15th feb 2007.

i only had an hour to ride (or so i thought!) I was there at the lifts at 8.30 waiting! They opend the lifts for me at 8.57 (a whole 3 mins early Very Happy ) to a chorus of joyeus anniversair Very Happy
I then managed to get some beautiful off piste lines and some seriously lovely on piste fresh pow lines.

the piste this morning was amazing, 10/10! The off piste was very very tempting, but after my 2 chutes the other day i thought i'd better play it fairly safe! The Grand serre was lovely as was just to the skiers left of the boarder cross. Trees from prorel were already tracked but still found a freshie there anyway!

It is very very busy, and today was very very hot, lots had melted when i came down.

Then i did my transfer to turin and managed to make it back up the mountain for 2 with the intention of riding! Then someone bought me a vin chaud and well.....lets just say that 4 of them later i wasn't riding anywhere! Lift down and then a sauna and jacuzi to finish.

lovely!

Its supposed to be really warm again tomorrow and sat then snow again sun. But at the mo conditions are just beautifll
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ricklomas, hey rick mate. the other rule about being snowHead is you have to be a bit of an idiot with it. Or at least some of them do wink The rest of us just carry on as normal or have better measuring concepts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

See you for dinner tonight at the cabassa! Very Happy
oh and welcome Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 16-02-07 18:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm gonna look after Maddy tonight while Sue goes out, but have a great Birthday anyhoo. See you later maybe....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowangel., that's not really a very nice thing to say about me, is it? This forum is about a bit of fun and general banter and if you've taken offence at something I've said, or the way I've said it, then sorry. The fact you didn't reply to my PM has not helped, though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chris, what pm???? i've never received a pm from you?????
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel. Hi - Sorry to hijack the thread but remember us at Plein Sud. My wife Margaret had to have the full oesophagectomy (make a new gullet from your stomach) to remove the stricture in the gullet and is doing well after an 11.5 hours operation last Wednesday.

Sounds as though the snow is still good in Serre Chevalier. Friends of ours have just returned from the Ski Welt in Austria from a week skiing on slush!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAVID SNELL, pleased to hear your wife is on the mend.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DAVID SNELL, that is fab news!

sorry for lack of updates. Its silly season here and i've only been up the mountain to drink and sunbath at the cafe soliel!

today, 24/02/07 it snowed and for about an hour or two the whole valley was white! Then i think it rained down here, i'm not sure because i was up the mountain with my totally wonderful 6 year old Winter with our snowboards! She has improved so much she can now snowboard on her own and we came down the nursery sloap together. I am very very proud of her!
Anyway there was about 6cm ish of fresh very wet and heavy snow at serre rattier, proabalby lots more up top but no idea how much.

Am riding with my son tomorrow so we will go check out the tops of the resort!
more snow due tonight/tomorrow and next week end too. Lets just prey that the forecast perciptiation comes as snow and not the forecast rain in the mid week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowing in the valley again everything is white. how long will it last today eh???
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowangel., Great to hear that Winter is doing so well - is she skiing as well, or has she now totally got the snowboarding bug?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, she loves to snowboard but she loves to ski too! ideal! private for snowboarding, she needs the 1 to 1 but skiing she does with the local kids group! I think she'll do it like that next year too, but it is her choice, we'll see
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowangel., I was wondering if she found snowboarding easier with both legs attached as it were? Glad she's having such a good time - she's sweet! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well update for 25/02/07

WOW!!!!

Very Happy

there was no queue at 9 this morning (totally amazing for a feb morning) first tracks all over the place on and off piste. about a foot all over, in some places more.
I even managed to ride off piste down to the resort for the first time this season Very Happy

it is still snowing heavily here in the valley, i've cleared the driveway and its already filling up again! There was about 6inches of very nice not too wet snow.

This should carry on tomorrow too!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel., Very Happy
latest report
we have just managed to build our first snowman of the season! Very Happy He is a little covered in earth but tonight and tomorrows snow should change that!

the drive way is now a park!
snow report
some pics from a different angle. while all were going crazy on piste, i went for a drive up the grannon to apreciate the solitude of mountains and snow.

this is how the resort looks

chantemerle

villeneuve

and looking over to briancon

i think you'll agree we have a good coverage
snow report
woot 3 sleeps Smile
ski holidays
It is nice the view from up the Granon, if people come to see us we normally whizz them up there first so that they can get an idea of the extent of the whole place. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
snowangel., Mr Blacksilver will not agree to your coverage you know!!! Remember - none of us have any snow - we're all liars!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
easiski, oh yeh of course! i forgot! wink Very Happy
ricklomas, i was surprised how far i could get, i know i got the right car todo this stuff but i nearly got to les Tranches, i only stopped where i did as i could turn around there!
ski holidays
easiski, just a snowflake of our imaginations I suppose.
wink
snow report
Had a great day out today (huge thanks to Chris and Lynn). Coverage prettty good overall; the pistes were in great condition everywhere we went (predominantly Villeneuve sector). Noticed that the tops were a bit barer than I saw last year (e.g. (e.g. ridge walk up to Cucumelle was brown). Off piste mostly very well covered, although again needed to watch out for rocks near the tops - I needed to take my knife to trim swarf the bases of one of our group after a little excursion (along the ridge above and to skiers left of Perdrix) at slightly higher speed than ideal wink . South facing slopes were getting fairly crusty (and Chris kept on telling us how great the powder was yesterday Laughing rolling eyes ), but could find some nice soft snow on north facing slopes. Particularly had great fun coming down the slope directly under the Clot Gauthier chairlift - the top pitch was wonderful before testing ourselves in the crusty stuff lower down (in full view of the chairlift of course wink .
latest report
2 sleeps Very Happy
ski holidays
update 1st march 2007

it rained a lot in the valley yesterday morning, then cleared and was a glorious day. The luc alphond is still standing despite the rain. it has drizzled and snowed in the valley today. The piste this morning was horrid, the light was flat and the corderoy icy. Then it started chucking it down and was much much improved. This is supposed to carry on all night so tomorrow should be freshies.

James( Sandy77uk) its due to snow mon, tues, weds, hope your ready for thick pow and trees!, Very Happy
snow report
yeah baby, well looking forward to it, one more sleep and I'm on me way Smile Smile Smile snowHead snowHead
snow report
just went to look at the cams on serre chevalier and someones stuck cotton wool over them Sad

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

/bouncy /bouncy /bouncy
latest report
There was about 30cm of fresh last night over the whole area - although fairly dense so not quite the fluffy stuff we had in LG the beginning of the week. Lots and lots of of snow around, with spontaneous snowballing on the south facing slopes (of e.g. the Crete de Balme) keeping you alert to the possibility of slides. Nothing too serious triggered (other than those deliberately blasted). Most slopes had freshies available until early afternoon but were fairly heavily tracked (and littered with the bodies of the overadventurous - including ourselves Embarassed) by the end of the day. Didn't try anything off piste below about 1900m, but was told by those who did that it was pretty heavy down there. Best plan is still to stay highish. Lift queues were not too bad in the morning, but built up to be about 5-10mins on most that led anywhere interesting in the afternoon. Home run to the Club Med was getting a bit slushy, but nothing too unpleasant.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it was a good day.
i even had to rescue a small skier child! i hope his irresponsible dad has a good view of snowboarders now (assuming it wasn't the best before hand!)

first lifts were awesome as usual!

not entirely impressed with the weather reports for tomorrow, but at least there is considerable snow due for next week to which will undo the damage done by the rain we had last night and due tonight/tomorrow.
GrahamN, glad your enjoying it
ski holidays
Lots of good stuff in SC which has the best temps in the area..... it should snow tonight so off there aagin tomorrow
snow conditions
been raining all night at 1400m, kept me awake rolling eyes damm metal roof! I hope very much it was snowing up top. I wont see it today i have 2 transfers to do and a 2 hour wait in Turin, lovely rolling eyes not! But at least i will finish a couple of beanies!
snow conditions
day 3 another brilliant day started with rain in the valley but higher up had snowed 3 to 4 inches did the top chair in montier soon after it had opened and was skiing freshies on the piste in fog but soon cleared up and had a great day closed balme chair due to avalanche Risk so skiied in villeneuive rest of day did lower part of black which was in better condition than expected got a very busy(!) buz back to montier high hopes for tomorrow our last day
ski holidays
stevew, i new it would be good! glad your having a good time!
snow report
IncogSkiSno is showing off the camera quality of her new phone - this just arrived - looks rather good out there snowHead snowHead

snow report
Ray Zorro, nice one. snowHead
ski holidays
I just can't stand those crowded pistes, sorry wink
ski holidays
pam w, i wish it was all like that!

great picRay Zorro, off up with the little one for he snowboarding lesson. taking big camera might get something nice!
snow report
snowangel., do you think you could get that lot put in the fridge and unload it next February for me? Little Angel
snow conditions
update 9th march 2007

another beautifull sunny day in serre che. We started early (as usual) but today we started in Monetier and we did Tabuc. We started at the top and took the off piste through the trees to tabuc. WE got freshies in some very nice soft snow, then we got freshies in some not so nice crispy on top snow. Then we got tot he steep bit at tabuc and no prizes for guessing it was mogoly (how do you spell that!) then at the bottom it was icy and moguls! Then it was just pure ice. But it was oh so worth it. It so busy in resort and there was no one down tabuc except me and my buddy, it was hard work cos of the ice but oh so lovely and quiet and we manage to ride all the way to the end of it!

then we hit the cucamel and hiked halfway up, didn't bother with the rest as there was already quite a few people hiking it, so we set off earlyer than then getting freshies and traveersing accross, it was lovely. Snow was a bit crusty the lower you got but it was so peacefull and i'd do it again right now, except i got to cook for 19 for tonight!

anyway i was also very impressed with the few bits of piste i rode today, they were still in very good nick but they were slushy by the time we got there which i think was bout 11ish.

still having fun! snowHead
latest report
update 11th march.

Its getting a bit icy up there! its still very ridable and we had great fun today, but its very hard packed and some places are getting icy. The luc alphond is till open an d still ridable but its not much fun at all!.

I actually bothered to ride the park today, kickers 1 and 3 are very nice, i kept going the wrong way so still to try kicker 2 rolling eyes

could really use some snow but everything is still open so its not so bad.
happy times!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy