Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euro-star Announces New Terminal opening date

Poster: A snowHead
The launch of Eurostar services from London St Pancras will be on Wednesday, 14 November 2007. The last services to operate between Waterloo International and the Continent will be on 13 November 2007. The move will take place overnight in order to minimise the disruption to travellers.
...<br>The new terminal will allow trains to use new highspeed rails all the way into London for the first time.
This will reduce the journey times between London and European destinations by roughly 25 minutes.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent!
That means 3 trains for me to get home from here - TGV Est opens in June 2007 - Strasbourg Paris in 2 hours 20 mins.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good news for me as well, I'm theoretically less than 1h30 from home to Kings Cross, so I save the underground crossing to Waterloo.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose London Euston -> London St Pancras is easier than London Euston -> London Waterloo...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, yup, one stop on the Northern Line (City Branch). Equally, if you could go for a Thameslink or Midland Mainline train it would take you in to Kings Cross, and then it's a short walk.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Booo Evil or Very Mad Much less convenient from the South. Why couldn't services have run from both stations?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
samharris, but the extra time it takes u to get up to Kings X, u save on the Eurostar journey so everyone's a winner, no? Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...but the extra time is spent humping your massive ski baggage through the London underground, which as we all know is heavily infested with Londoners and tourists Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do people from 'the North' travel? Why move the station North, after all they have good access to Felixstowe to gain travel to Europe. They'll be encouraging them to use Eur0star trains next, good lord was the Ski Club consulted about this, after all Wimbledon is only a short cab ride to Waterloo, I can't see The Club allowing this to happen.....

wink Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I assumed Hoppo, being from the Sithe, samharris would be travelling by Hackney Carriage or some other civilised means NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kings Cross and a short walk. Has to be a consideration Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Floppy the Snotman, I'm considering it for EOSB 07, cut out the cross London schlep for 08 and looks even better.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier, Would be a great trip, but I really need to get back sunday (again) 2008 sounds good though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
St Pancras is only a short walk from Euston - definitely not worth getting on the tube for. If you really can't walk the 5 mins with luggage etc there are millions of buses going along Euston Rd, in the bus lane, for you to jump onto. Very tempting for me to hop on a train straight from work Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin, Hackney Carriage, excellent idea Very Happy Except......Grrrr, Waterloo to Kings X, arm and 3 legs to yer cheeky chappy cabbie, not to mention all that traffic Evil or Very Mad
Hoppo, in the inimitable style of Patsy from Ab Fab, "But sweetie, I don't have anything to wear on public transport..." Little Angel wink
latest report
samharris, of course, I'll be similarly inconvenienced. Does anyone know if trains from Waterloo to Ashford (or somewhere else on the Eurostar line) will still run (so as two avoid a two-line tube interchange in London)?
snow report
AFAIA they'll still run from Ashford (though not trains stop there any more), but they will stop running from Waterloo on the 13th. The Waterloo terminus has already been earmarked for new use (shops, I think).
latest report
samharris, Traffic! Nah dahlin' since old Ken put 'is congeschun zone in it's only the cabs 'n buses wot can afford to go frough the centa.

It used to be an easy 25mins on the tube for me - now it's going to be a 'hard slog' 15 minutes walk Wink
snow conditions
skanky, what I'm wondering is whether trains will run from Waterloo to Ashford: they didn't before Eurostar.
latest report
admin, Laughing Laughing Cheers guv
snow report
skanky, laundryman, I'd heard a rumour that they were thinking of no longer using their nice new station at Ashford for eurostar rolling eyes Hopefully somebody knows different??
snow report
Are they going to run the direct skitrain from there??
ski holidays
geri, not heard that.

laundryman, currently SE run there from Waterloo East, and other stations in that part of London (London Bridge, etc.).
snow conditions
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurostar "From the 14th of November 2007 all Eurostar trains will be routed through HS1 to a new London terminus at St Pancras. The station is being rebuilt and extended to cope with the trains, and the area around it is being redeveloped as King's Cross Central. The company had intended to retain some services to the existing Waterloo terminal, but this was ruled out on cost grounds. Some trains will additionally serve new stations at Ebbsfleet near Dartford in northwest Kent (Ebbsfleet International station) and Stratford International station in east London (near Stratford station, or Stratford Regional station as it will be called when Stratford International station is opened)"

http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/4 has more information as well.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashford_International_railway_station "On 12 September 2006 it was announced that when the Channel Tunnel Rail Link (now called High Speed 1 (or HS1)) is completed in 2007 (the planned date is 14th November) and Ebbsfleet station opens, only three trains a day to Paris and one to Disneyland Paris will stop at Ashford. No Brussels-bound trains will stop at the station, meaning passengers must instead change at Lille for Brussels. [2] It should be noted that it is not permitted to use Eurostar services for journeys solely between Ashford and London. International trains from London only pick passengers up at Ashford and do not set down. Similarly, International trains to London only set down passengers at Ashford and do not pick up."

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 17-11-06 22:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
3 trains from Durham to Briancon
snow report
FenlandSkier,
Quote:
ome trains will additionally serve new stations at Ebbsfleet near Dartford

Finally a use for my parents living in that dump!
ski holidays
geri wrote:
skanky, laundryman, I'd heard a rumour that they were thinking of no longer using their nice new station at Ashford for Eurostar rolling eyes Hopefully somebody knows different??

Waterloo is closing down. Too expensive to run two stations. Ashford will continue to operate, but trains will be less frequent. Its status has effectively been downgraded. To pay for these changes, ticket prices for the Snowtrain have been ramped up recently. Sad
snow report
Will there be a link from Waterloo (main or East) to Ebbsfleet?

For those of us living on the Waterloo line the new high speed line will not speed things up you'll have to allow about the same time to get from Waterloo to St Pancras as you'll save by having a faster Paris train, and, as stated above, there's the hassle & expense of crossing London.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pete Horn, check the SE trains website. They run services from Waterloo East to Ashford and that area.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy