Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does switching sock thickness mean getting re-heatmolding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya - just a quickie..

Had a quick session at Castleford on tues, started on my blades and boots felt fine and responsive, etc. Tested some 1080 foils from E-B and everything went to pot bootwise - felt like my ankle (actually, my right ankle.. left wasnt so bad) could lift a fair bit from the boot - entire thing just felt a bit weak and noticable.

Wondering if this is down to my boots liners being used to the thick tube socks I had them fitted in, as I've just switched to smartwool/really thin tech socks?

Or perhaps just wearing heavier skis that I'm not used to threw me?

Cheers,

Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
toiletduckuk, Yep that's swingweight. Would i be wrong to usher you towards thinking about a NEW PAIR of .....................
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For what its worth, I start with the thinnest pair of socks on the 1st day and then get thicker. Bit of a flaw as I only have 4 pairs of socks until I have to wash them and start again...!!! But since my new footbeds worked fine recently, I'll just get a new supply of X-socks and Smarty thingies at the same weight/thickness.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
toiletduckuk, Yep that's swingweight. Would i be wrong to usher you towards thinking about a NEW PAIR of .....................

I can't really afford to spend the money to do it right, really - plus, in all honesty, I don't know how good my "real" skiing is, after gaining confidence/technique blading not on full length skis - went with family when i was 13-15, didn't really like it, had no confidence, went back at 18 on blades and learned to worry less, can now carve competently and confidently on blades, going to relearn to ski on full lengths this season.. feels like a small interim period where buying boots to match my ability is daft when hopefully my ability will catch up with what I can do on blades very quickly.. I hope that made sense!

What's swingheight, fwiw? My boots do feel really comfortable and "right" in blades.. Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT wrote:
For what its worth, I start with the thinnest pair of socks on the 1st day and then get thicker. Bit of a flaw as I only have 4 pairs of socks until I have to wash them and start again...!!! But since my new footbeds worked fine recently, I'll just get a new supply of X-socks and Smarty thingies at the same weight/thickness.

Real men wear one pair of socks all week. Without washing. Next you'll be saying that you change your underpants on a ski holiday as well. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, you mean you WEAR underpants on a ski holiday?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have two pairs of boots one for my thick socks and one for my thin Cool
Oh no, I forgot I’ve only got one pair of boots that have buckles on so I can tighten and loosen them as is my want Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy