Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode Miller Diary

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On Head Skis:

This is my first season on Head skis, and in training they've been truly awesome. It's hard to tell what will really happen until I get in there and race on them, but I've been really fast in all four events. The speed skis are solid in a lot of different conditions, and we made great progress on the tech skis over the summer (I tested in Europe, and trained in New Zealand and Chile). The Heads are definitely stronger than any of the other skis I've been on.

There's no secret formula to producing a great ski. We're simply doing the basics really well. I helped them design the side cut, which is a little closer to the tail. It's not an asymmetrical cut, or a double cut -- like a lot of companies are doing now -- it's one parabolic curve, which I think is smoother and gives you a better chance at making a clean arc.

The Tyrolea bindings and plates are super sweet too -- we moved them around the skis a lot to see where they work best. The whole package has come together nicely.

And the Head boots are great. It's a rare privilege to work with somebody like Hubert Himmelman, who understands the issues and can help make the modifications I need. There aren't more than a couple guys in the whole world with his level of expertise.

The people at Head have been fantastic to work with -- responsive and clearly excited, they not only listen to my suggestions, they try them on for size and like them. That kind of synergy helps build a lot of momentum going in.

+++++++++++++

More at:

http://www.wcsn.com/article/news.jsp?ymd=20061111&content_id=11301&vkey=skiing_news&id=34032&dpre=
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bode wrote:
On Head Skis:

There are good <snip>

translation

They spent a whole load of time and money custom building skis for me, maybe even ripping off ideas from my other brand skis custom made skis I have the garage. These skis are so great they are not even the same things that you could ever possibly hope to buy in the shop, but in a year or to some of the R&D might flow down to you smucks.

I am also employed to endorse this PR written copy.

Don't know about any of you, but I certainly would sell my skiing soul for custom built skis and a few millions to go with it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulhothersall, and note the sidecut a little further back - should suit his style, but not many certainly!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, but the skis will only be good until he falls out with his sponsors!

Interestingly, most high performance slalom (Fischers, Heads, Atomics etc.) sidecut "centre" is well back, and also the bindings are also quite near the tail.

Which is why I sorta kinda disagree with this mounting the BoF on the CRS palava. I simply don't think it takes into account the flex centre, the sidecut centre etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
veeeight, If he continues as he started in Levi, that won't be long. Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy