Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mono skiing ?

Poster: A snowHead
Is Mono skiing Making a come back and if so i'd like to know where as i tried it a long time ago and it was fun back then in the mid 1980s. I guess it gave way to snowboarding but it would be nice to try it again.

cc_7up
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Copper Mtn.
Feb. 28-Mar5th.
The place to be amongst tens of others.
http://p075.ezboard.com/blateralpressure
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What info could i use to guide me as to which Monoski would be right for me to aquire? I feel these days that they would be few & far between to hire unless someone knows where Monoskiing is still going strong/praticed in Europe.
The first time i tried one was in Austria (Soll) and as a good intermediate skier i fancied a bit of deeper snow after chatting to a guy who was using one. I had a play with it on the piste to get the feel and then tried it in the deeper snow at the side.

What a change in the beast.It just seemed to come alive. Bounce & turn,Bounce & turn.I was loving it.Wow. Toofy Grin

Snowboarding was really taking off back then( big time) but i have a fondness for that monoski experience that has been re-ignited now that i have got the ski bug again after such a long time.

Glad to find out that monoskiing has not totally died out in the world.

cc_7up
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cc_7up, maybe with the new generation of short, fat ski (or even skiboards/snowblades) you could find a similar feeling on 2 planks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I will most certainly be in hot pursuit Very Happy

cc_7up
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dear god no, please, monoskiing will wreck your modern ski technique Laughing

Excessive Inclination
Rotation
Heel Thrusts
Lack of independant leg/ski action

no no no Laughing The only time it's permitted is during gapper day!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
errrrmm, 'Gapper day???? Puzzled

cc_7up
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight, Is that when peeps have a gap between their ears?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that .(Ouch)!!Laughing

cc_7up
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing Laughing

gaper

A gaper is a skiier or snowboarder who is completely clueless. Usually distiungished by their bright colored clothes and a gaper gap, the gap between goggles and a helment/hat. Gapers also do the "Gaper Tuck" which is an attempt at being a ski racer by tucking, however, it is done incorrectly with the poles sticking straight up like thunderbolts and lighting, very very frightning! Gapers also sit at the bottom of jumps and try and go big off table tops in the park.

1. My eyes are burning from that gapers bright colored clothes.
2. I fell off the chair laughing at that gaper tuck.
3. Did you just see that gaper getting landed on because he was sitting like a dumbass at the landing of a jump.

Also - resorts all over the (NA) continent hold "gaper days".........

http://www.powdermag.com/news/events/gaper-days/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanmanley/sets/72157594157101279/

edit: The gaper day video is hilarious!
http://powdermag.com/av/gaper_04/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brilliant vids veeeight Laughing

Thanks for the insight.
cc_7up
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight, I see a quick spelling change going on here! Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is it cos I is dyslexticx?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cc_7up, it was a bad idea then and hasn't got any better. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Although it did liven up the Apocalypse Snow series...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cc_7up, do you really care what others on the hill might think??? I'm a Whistler boy, arguably the most self-absorbed ski hill in North America, where your style on the hill depends first upon the puffiness of your coat, thickness of fur collar and bagginess of pants, and second upon how dope your on hill tactics are. I confess that today i am wearing my overly puffy jacket and gangster hat around town myself. However, on some days, I shuck my new school fat skis, and don my old Rossi Monoski. I suit up in a purple onepeice I got for $12 at Cheapskates (although with the comeback of patterned onepeices, this somewhat looks like a cutting-edge peice of gear, which loses some of the effect). And I rip the moguls, carve up the corduroy, and stomp backscratcher cliff drops under the lift with an ease never dreamt of by those who have never experienced the benefits of landing a sizeable drop on a single massive surface area. And yes, my tree skiing on these mono days is a frightening affair, and over-inclination and rotation are a must of the activity, but goddamn its fun!!!! And sure, you might say that my purple suit (and afro-over-helmet) are a disguise for my actual enjoyment of monoskiing, allowing me to say "i'm just gaping it today, i don't really do this", but I assure you, I AM A MONOSKIER!!
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome, what an entrance! wink
latest report
Gotta be a contender for best 1st post ever!! Welcome aboard pinner.
snow conditions
Good for you Pinner. Good for you.
Honest,Proud and Defiant in the face of the fashionistas.Your only aim is just to have fun doing what you enjoy on the hill.

Top man. snowHead

cc_7up
snow report
pinner, are you a tele-evangelist too? Ever paid a MAN to "wax your board"? wink wink (joking)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy