Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where and when would you go to maximise the chances of powder?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now I have no hard data to back this up, but it seems to me resorts in Utah, and Colorado seem to get more regular snowfall than most European resorts?

I've never been to Canada, but some areas there like Fernie, Banff also seem to get regular snowfall.

So if you had to plan an ultimate powder week, in advance, where would you go, and what month?

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sell the wife & kids. Seasons are the way forward. Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeh, but that ain't really an option Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, try eBay Laughing

A mate of my brother's spent last season in Fernie and it was quality snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Utah, without a doubt. Otherwise it can strike anywhere, anytime. Seriously, believe it or not, early April is usually good here. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've almost always gone to Europe in March/April and apart from last year always had fresh snow Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In terms of total seasonal snowfall, the Western US and Southwest Canada beat Western Europe hands down. Broadly speaking, Utah and Colorado consistently get 30% to 100% more snow than even the best parts of the Alps (which are in Western Austria).

As per easiski, Utah in Feb to Apr would have to be my recommendation.

Japan is also a good bet. The Pacific and Siberia collide to create a snow frenzy.

In the Southern Hemisphere, New Zealand probably wins it. Cold air whips up off Antarctica.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To maximise the chance of getting fresh powder snow I would hazard a guess that heliskiing in Canada beats most places.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Niseko, Japan

Must be some of the deepest pow to be had.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wait then wait some more then book very late,might be just round the corner!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right now Eastern BC looks a good bet - take your own sled

http://www.biglines.com/photos_large.php?photo_id=67976
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Utah.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Columbia. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kicking Horse boasts a lot of powder definitely worth a visit not sure I would want to spend more than a few days there its a bit lacking in infrastructure at the moment its a growing resort. The snow and the runs were excellent. I spent one day last year with the director of the ski school as a guide with the SCGB rep certainly knew I had been skiing that night.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy