Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for 'er Indoors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of getting Ms hyweljenkins a pair of K2 T Nine True Luv Skis for Winterval (Toofy Grin) this year. Anyone got any comments on them? They seem to review well on t'intermanet. In the past she's always ended up with knackered looking rental stuff.

She's an intermediate skier, cautious on steeper stuff, doesn't really get involved in moguls and always lands on her head in powder (it doesn't hurt so much). She'll follow me down anything red, but gets a little bit nervous on anything that has the letters "b", "l", "a", "c", and "k", in the colour attribute.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only negative thing my Mrs commented on was their physical weight. She got on better with the considerably lighter Dynastar Exclusive 9
However, she's only 50 kg and quite a timid intermediate (when it comes to skiing at least)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hyweljenkins, I think SkiBod has a pair of them - seem ot remember she enjoyed them at the EoSB.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aren't skibod's One Luv's?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, Yes they are. I know because they are the ones I plan on getting NehNeh . The True Luv is a lower intermediate ski than the One Luv but it's still a good ski (not that I know anything about anything rolling eyes ).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooh me ears are burning Twisted Evil wink

Mine are indeed One Luvs and I do really luv em!

I saw this thread a couple of days ago, but wasn't sure whether to say - no get her some One Luvs - they rock! Or not... It does end up coming down personal preference and what you want to ski, and I'm not sure from your description whether she would be happier on Tru Luv or One Luv - and I'm v biased! But I'd have thought if she follows you happily down reds, she'd enjoy One Luvs and may find she is out-skiing Tru Luvs quite quickly (but I have never actually skied on Tru Luvs, so this may be completely wrong)

I would agree with uktrailmonster, that K2s are generally a much heavier ski than many women specific versions - I find this a good thing as they will power through crud and slush better, and definitely held their own on Kramer's off piste adventure last EosB! I find lighter skis a bit squirrely. But it does come down to personal preference... I wrote this a bit ago on the subject:

Quote:
They are 160s and I think I am 5'6" ish.

Edge 2 Edge stocked them last season and hired them for £70 for the week (from memory) ~ and I think they do a full money back on hire fee if you buy a brand new pair within a month or so of your return.

I really do like the K2 One Luvs, and find them very stable at speed and good in different conditions, but a friend who I went skiing with this season had hired Volkl Attivas. We swapped for a day and she really preferred the Attivas, and thought mine were too heavy and not as nippy. Whereas I thought the Attivas were a bit 'squirrely' and less stable on crud, etc ~ so it may be worth hiring in resort and trying to check out two or three pairs as there does seem to be a lot of personal preference involved.

Not so good for a Christmas present, but if she can, I'd suggest going along to resort and hire both pairs to compare for a day's ski on each. When I was in Les Arc, Twinner were hiring them, and in VT a couple of the girls in my chalet had hired them and they looked in good nick. Or could she hire the One Luvs from Edge2Edge and then aim to try and hire the Tru Luvs for a day when she's out there? Or vice versa, but not sure they stock the Tru Luv.

If you are going to buy, it's worth getting it right - not just the money, but the fact you will then be skiing on that ski for a while and you want to get it right to maximise your precious week's skiing enjoyment snowHead

Maybe a specially made "hyweljenkins Happy Winterval" ski voucher for next trip? But not so fun to unwrap...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would get her one luvs if that is how she is skiing.

I am 5'5/6 and 60kg ish. I ski 155 salomon male scrambler 8s... reds and blaks but loose some style on the blacks (skiied Val D'isere 2 years and almost killed myself on the last bit of the face!)

I tried the B Luvs and One Luvs at xscape. The one luvs are really stable and really easy to ski. Burning loves are great for piste skiing though. Naorrower waist but their edge os really great and they hold really well. They are def faster but not that much stiffer to flex and not as forgiving but if she has good strong legs and is fairly confient they might be the ones to go for... more fun!

I know you can pick up some one luvs for £300... I think thats pretty good / £320 for BLs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i have the true luvs and i would say I'm not as advanced as your OH, i think if i was happily popping down a red i would have gone for the one luvs.

Saying that I luv my true luvs, they have given me a big confidence boost over my 8 year old planks i had before which after a 5 year break from skiing i didn't get on with and i'm hoping they will give me the confidence to start tackling the reds soon. My OH was worried about the weight of them as they don't weigh that much less than my old ski's which were causing me problems, but they certainly did not seem heavy to ski on at all but that could be beacuase of the flexibility, the fact the bindins are mounted further forward and the basic shape and design of them. my only worry is i will outgrow them in a few years so i would say your wife needs the next one up at least.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My friend uses One Loves and they are really heavy.... not exactly sure what bindings she has but they were the heaviest in the box..and that included Missions with rental bindings, Sparks with rentals bindings and Recons with the railflex... given that these were about 160-ish and the rest were between 178 and 184 then this might be quite a factor.

Piste skis only, IMV from the distance that I saw them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want a lighter ski, then look at the Head Cool Thangs. My wife (now a confident intermediate) uses those now and finds them very easy to ski.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy