Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

belle plagne

Poster: A snowHead
hi all,im a new boy and going to belle plagne late january,has any1 been there at that time of year?is it any good?hope it gets some snow soon.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
notverygoodatskiing, Welcome to SnowHeads Very Happy
Belle Plagne is ace. Not so convenient for absolute beginners, but a great place to ski.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
notverygoodatskiing, Welcome also.
Be prepared for the cold. It can be as low as -30 with windchill. Good goggles and gloves and I also suggest a Balaclava or similar just in case.
The skiing is great. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watch out for the British Gasmen's convention at the end of January Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
notverygoodatskiing, Belle Plagne has a good club/ bar thing- Saloon. All you need to know.

Oh and the run between Belle Plagne and Bellecote gets VERY busy ( I know I used to cut beginners up there) but theres plenty of nice beginner areas, you'll be fine!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee,
Quote:

Belle Plagne has a good club/ bar thing- Saloon. All you need to know.

I second that motion Wink The mexican place is also good for a scran.

EDIT: The mexican is called the Cheyenne Cafe IIRC

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 13-11-06 17:07; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
notverygoodatskiing, welcome to snowheads, but I'm afraid you've picked a terrible time to go to Belle Plagne.
For a start I'll be there (Jan 21 - 28 inclusive). As will 350 anaesthetists. We are easy to recognise (very sensible person).
We've been going to Belle Plagne in late January for over 10 years.
It's a great place. The snow will be fine. You will have a great time.
But do not let naughty Nadenoodlee lead you into temptation. The Saloon Bar is a den-of-iniquity and I wouldn't be seen dead in there.
(I always seem to survive, and then wish I was dead the following morning).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
notverygoodatskiing,
Welcome to snowHeads Very Happy
You can keep an 'eye' on Belle Plagne from the webcam here
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Matafan restaurant in Belle Plagne has a nice bar - also good to eat in for the 'night off'.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tessaventer, Second that- i had a lovely meal in the matafan last season! Think I spent a whole weeks salary on it from memory! Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From memory I think it was the Saloon that gave me .... uurrgh (use your imagination)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanx for the advise,ive taken it all on board,im staying in les constellations,has any1 stayed there,im not a complete beginner,been practising at a real snow slope which is fairly similar to the real thing,in fact its better than the snow i had in sauxe d'oulx on last years holiday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
notverygoodatskiing, stayed in Les Constellations a year last March. They were fine, clean, typical size for France. The ski in of an evening and down to the lifts is a very easy blue, will pose you no problems. Nice coming out of there in the morning, you'll have a nice little ski to get your legs going down into Plagne Bellecote, and from there can catch links either to the Plagne Centre bowl (Colosses), L'Arpette for the Les Coches area (or skiing down to the Vanoise Express for a day in Les Arcs), or the 6 man chair out towards Champagny.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sounds great Very Happy how easy are the blue runs,a few of the people that are going arnt very confident,they can do the basics and hopefully will be able to progress a little further while out there,any feedback will be great.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
notverygoodatskiing, VERY easy. I learnt to ski in La Plagne, and the run that goes past your appartments, we were doing on the 3rd day in ski school. The bowl where you are staying, down to Plagne Bellecote and upto L'Arpette is probably the easiest skiing in the whole resort.
ski holidays
It's a great place to ski. I believe the Arpette lift is now a six pack. Stay away from the Inversens as there's a lot of poling. I love the Les Verdons and the Champgny side.

Great bars in Belle Plagne and some good restaurants. As has been mentioned, the Saloon Bar is bad for your head.

The ski back from the Arpette at the end of the day can get quite icey but you can cut off into the main area and walk in. It's great getting up in the morning, putting on the skis and straight onto the piste to Plagne Bellecote.

Take the time to go across to Les Arcs on the Vanoise Express.

I'm not going this year but hope you enjot it
latest report
excellant,they will be happy,i can build on my confidence aswell,im like a little kid,cant stop checking the webcams,counting down the days Very Happy
how long does it take to get to les arcs?
ski holidays
notverygoodatskiing, .....welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Quote:

how long does it take to get to les arcs?

........if you start walking now......... Toofy Grin
snow report
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
notverygoodatskiing, depends how fast you go. 1st time I went there was my 3rd week skiing, and we had got down to the Vanoise Express, across to Les Arcs and up the first chairlift by 10:15am.

As harryok525 says, the Champagny side (can get there numerous ways, easiest is the 6 man out of Plagne Bellecote) has probably the best skiing on the LP side. Make sure you get over there early one morning, usually lovely and sunny over there, wide open constant pitched runs.
ski holidays
notverygoodatskiing, there are two ways down from Belle Plagne to Bellecote (3 if you include the gondola). The main run down from Arpette that goes past Les Balcons (as Nadenoodlee mentions) can be quite busy, and often resembles in inclined ice rink rather than a piste.
But from Le Constellations you can (I think) take the easier route the other side of "town" past the Matafan: your not-very-confident friends will fine this way.
snow report
i'll definately get over there then,im really interested in trying skidoing while im there,i was booked to do it in sauze last year then i broke my wrist Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy