Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It is National Ski Week and Eddie the Eagle is still around

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.easier.com/view/News/Travel/article-82740.html

This was also on the SCGB site.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last year it was National Ski & Snowboard Day. Didn't work so it became Week. Next year hopefully it'll be a Month etc etc until someone realises that we're all immune to such cheesy vacuous nonsense wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it a good thing for those of us who like to slide, that the activity should be publicised and supported in this way? If 'succesful' will National Ski and Snowboard Week lead to greater crowds and queues on the pistes? Or will the rise in numbers skiing lead to more investment and better infrastructure?

Who knows, On balance I'm inclined to agree with Bode, don't think it will make s*d all difference Confused

(I have applied for my free Grand Marnier though - sadly no news as yet Sad )
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I met Eddie the Eagle once at Heathrow Airport and carried his skis for him!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rather sadly, up until a few days ago, the official site of the week didn't feature any events at all for the first three days of the week.

Somehow I don't think that what they've ended up mustering together is quite going to turn your fave secret alpine hide-away into the Costa del Snow Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well if we are really in the midst of NSSW it's hardly captured the imagination of the Press has it?... not a squeak... anywhere. Tumble weed aplenty. What committee of what organisation thought this dromedary up? Wonder what it cost to stage.

The only things that have ever seriously upped the numbers were school skiing (up to half a million kids each year in the 80s that turned into today's 40+ regulars) and the combined efforts of big tour operators who packaged the whole shebang at relatively low prices. The market grew by 7% last season and I doubt it had anything at all to do with such initiatives.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
About 5 years ago the Mrs bought me as a Christmas present a skiing lesson with Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards at the Tamworth Snowdome.

It was a group lesson of about 6 of us and he was really great fun to be with as well as imprving my skiing in that one hour.

After the lesson had finished he came upto the bar with us and had a drink for about an hour which i though was really good as he could easily have just gotton himself off and enjoyed the rest of his weekend in his own way.

Top bloke.

He was saying that there were plans to make a movie of his life, but nothing seems to have come from it. Could be quite funny though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller wrote:
The only things that have ever seriously upped the numbers were school skiing (up to half a million kids each year in the 80s that turned into today's 40+ regulars) and the combined efforts of big tour operators who packaged the whole shebang at relatively low prices. The market grew by 7% last season and I doubt it had anything at all to do with such initiatives.

Exactly right, although I think the low cost airlines might also be able to take some credit for enabling skiers to take an extra holiday each year, even if they are not bringing many new people into skiing. The NSSW sounds like an initiative who's only outcome is to provide the justification for some committee to keep going from one year to the next by appearing to be doing something.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, I'm strongly inclined to agree with you. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, agree. Low cost are part responsible for the latest growth and there are demographic reasons too - those baby boom school kids in the 70s and 80s that went with Schools Abroad, Hourmont etc are now taking their kids.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, that's National Ski & Snowboard Week over for another year. Phew! My system wasn't coping too well with all the excitement. Anyone actually participate in any way?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh, rats. I blinked and missed it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy