Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Tyres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wish to buy some snow tyres as I will be keeping a car in Austria for this coming season. However, I am wondering if it is better to get them in Austria rather than in the UK. A friend who lives in Salzburg tells me that he swaps his summer wheels for winter ones with his local garage in Salzburg. I am hoping to do the same near St Anton e.g. Landeck

Anyone got any ideas/knowledge/experience with buying some snow tyes or wheels in Europe?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
useful stuff in this previous thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18665&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=snow+tyres&start=0
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
B00thy, I would say Austria. We are thinking of getting snow tyres this winter and were going to have to get them imprted from Austria as UK dont do ones we need. Austria more geared up for this whole tyre swap thing and would say cheaper too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colway so a good snow tyre. They are around £35 a tyre. Their biggest market is Austria/Germany and Scandanavia. Only bug is they are a retread so do the best for long distance (ballancing probs) They are a thermal compond and a very good tread pattern.http://www.colwaytyres.co.uk/passengerwinter.htm
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B00thy,....some wheels can be difficult to source....what vehicle & model do you intend taking to Austria?

Having a reliable local garage that will change & balance wheels and store the other set is a great asset - costs are not going to be that much more, if any, - I would definitely go that route.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks for the threads and advice. I'm taking a BMW 325i Touring (02 reg) so I'm hopeful that a local garage will be able to fix me up (local to St A)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
B00thy wrote:
Thanks folks for the threads and advice. I'm taking a BMW 325i Touring (02 reg) so I'm hopeful that a local garage will be able to fix me up (local to St A)

I wouldn't skimp on winter tyres esp if it was for a rear wheel drive car (or is it the 325xi 4WD).

Profireifen were doing some great deals, probably best to just ring round and see who's offering the best price at the time.

Austria Yellow pages online ....
Type "reifen" in left box and "Sankt Anton" in the second box
http://www.herold.at

Austria AA tyre tests
http://www.oeamtc.at/tests/reifen/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB, I agree. I have no intention of skimping on tyres. I confess that I struggled with the links 'cause all those the icons linked to companies in differnt parts of Austria e.g. Wien, Salzberg or were general.

I'm in St Anton (without car) weekend after next and will ask around then

I will also ask at my local tyre fitters
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy