Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many wear a helmet ?

Do you wear a helmet when you're skiing or snowboarding?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 113 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 88 ]
Don't know
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 203
Total Votes : 203

Poster: A snowHead
How many people out there wear a helmet whilst skiing or boarding?

I wore one last season for the first time.

I realized I was going pretty fast at times and felt it was too much of a risk, riding without one.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do, so does Ms hyweljenkins. I don't delude myself into thinking that it's ultimate in protection - much like a cycling helmet - but it *might* be better than nothing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bought one in the US in Feb and wore it for the PSB and will continue wearing it now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought one at the PSB after a couple of days and will wear it from now on. Seeing a few people fall on the ice and pole planting a rail by the jump I was doing made me realise how many opportunities there are for hitting something hard.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, got one for snowboarding, constant falls, but now wear it most of the time for skiing too. It's very comfortable, I have audio pads for my music, it doesn't make my head itch like a hat does, and if it snows my hair stays dry. If it's really hot and sunny, and I plan an easy day's skiing, I leave it behind and wear sunnies. I am not fanatical about it, but most of the time it's simply more comfortable, and saves all those decisions about what to put on the head and whether to carry goggles! My helmet has adjustable ventilation, which I think is essential.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i love mine, keeps ur head abd thus u real warm for the day and adds vital protection

i use giro bad lieutenant
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Has a snowhead poll been done on this question as it would be interesting. To be honest i only wear one when racing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plectrum, welcome to Britain, I'm sure your English will soon improve wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After giving myself concussion after a nice face plant last season, I went out and got one - took a bit of time to get used to, but it's definately worth it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooooo....an exciting opportunity to add a poll!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoppo, I would have done one, but I didn't know how.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hoppo, thanks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hoppo, why is there a don't know?

Surely people know whether they wear a helmet or not? Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I haven't yet, but think I might just get one for this season
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ssnowman, it's okay - you don't have the power to start a poll wink

I always add an 'uncommitted' option to polls Toofy Grin
snow report
Hoppo, that's ok then, as long as I'm not ignorant Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I voted don't know.
ski holidays
plectrum wrote:
i love mine, keeps ur head abd thus u real warm for the day and adds vital protection

i use giro bad lieutenant

erm oops

basically it keeps ur head real warm and thus ur whole body is kept warmer than when you just wear a wooly hat.

It especially keeps your ears warm!

Also i guess when / if I have a big crash it will keep my head a little safer and at the end of the day i'm more worried by cranial damage than skeletal damage
snow conditions
I don't I get a hot head too quick and would end up falling over from not being able to think properly, does that make it more or less dangerous to wear a helmet (I do wear one when cycling).
snow conditions
slikedges, Let's see if we can help you here... do you have a head?

I just bought one after 35 years "naked" but not just for protection... attached a helmet cam so I can "YouTube" some of my runs for prosperity! Had one fall season before last that left me seeing stars and feeling generally wobbly. That one made me think about it and now I've finally done it. Will probably dump it on those hot spring days though. Does that make me a don't know?
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, yes, it makes you, like me, a "don't know" rolling eyes

Quote:

...attached a helmet cam so I can "YouTube" some of my runs for prosperity!

BTW do you intend to make a lot of money from your vids? Or do you want them recorded for succeeding generations? Toofy Grin

Edited, for tone.

Hoppo, how's about a "sometimes" version of the non-committal option? Little Angel

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 11-11-06 21:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I have just voted and have become very concerned that one of our number..., when asked the simple question,

"Do you wear a helmet when you're skiing or snowboarding?"

.....replied......., "Don't know." Puzzled

This clearly points to some form of incapacity.........for that particular voter, I would suggest

that some form of medical intervention is necessary.......

....or that that person has skied into a tree, in the past...., without a helmet ........ Toofy Grin
snow report
I never ski fast enough or out of control enough to need one, my bobble hat is just fine Toofy Grin snowHead
snow conditions
boredsurfin, .......Bobble Hat V Rock (could) = finishedsurfin, ? Toofy Grin
snow report
BernardC, Rocks in La paridise? I dont think so wink wink Laughing snowHead
snow report
I just started wearing one last season after a fall in which I nearly collided with another skier. I've had concussion after a fall when I was younger and it is wise, for me personally to wear some head protection. The following quote sums up the dangers of repeated concussions:

"Each head injury, even mild concussion, permanently reduces the capacity of the brain by a small amount. The reserve of brain power that we all have will conceal the loss after one or two injuries, but if there are more than this the loss will start to show, by slowing of thought, poor memory and change of character." http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/mildheadinjury.html

snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 11-11-06 21:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
boredsurfin, plus of course a Mondeo has a roof so a helmet isn't legally necessary Toofy Grin
snow report
Sharkymark, .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
not so far, however, my skiing speed is a bit manic at times, so I've been considering one
snow report
No.
ski holidays
slikedges,
Quote:

BTW do you intend to make a lot of money from your vids?

The offers are literally flooding in and Graham Bell will probably have to move over and let me do the Hahnenkamm. Actually, I have no idea what the result will look like... trying it out in 4 weeks time on the big cruisy Hintertux. Seems better than hand holding a mini DV.

achilles, you seem to be sitting on the fence a bit there wink
latest report
Yes ... skied 2 weeks with one this past season ... my legs and arms can be fixed, but my noggin cannot! Don't know why I didn't earlier ... very warm on the head too!
ski holidays
FenlandSkier wrote:
I bought one at the PSB after a couple of days and will wear it from now on. Seeing a few people fall on the ice and pole planting a rail by the jump I was doing made me realise how many opportunities there are for hitting something hard.
I bought one at the PSB so that FenlandSkier wouldn't feel like a soft shandy drinking jessie
snow conditions
But the important thing though Floppy the Snotman is that we bought this season's colour, as per the delectable Jutta's instruction. Toofy Grin
snow report
FenlandSkier, I would have bought pink if she had suggested it Laughing
snow conditions
I bet whenever you sit there polishing your helmet you'll be thinking of her.
ski holidays
Keeps me head warm as well as safe from chair lift rails being tall I often get hit by them.
latest report
Bode Swiller, you've gotta post the results on snowMedia. I might end up somewhere in the background - should be in Hintertux in 4 weeks too!
latest report
slikedges, Arrive sunday 10th Dec. Skiing monday and tuesday only. You?
snow report
Bode Swiller, arrive Wed 6th, ski thu-sat, leave Sun 10th!!! Laughing rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy