Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ever wondered what's in your boot warmer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

These are the 12V ones supplied by www.alpenheat.com and made by www.dryguy.net

In each unit there are two 5W12R resistors in series. The units are wired in parallel. I've removed the car accessory plug from mine and connected it to a multi-voltage transformer. They now have adjustable heat settings and work both in Europe and USA/Canada. Smile Total cost ~£45
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One pair of Thermic Bootwarmers in 240v & one pair in 110v. Total cost £40 & no buggering about wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tomsk Be VERY VERY CAREFUL WITH THOSE! That is exactly the type that is capable of melting your liners. Wrap them in newsprint the first time you use them at a new power supply.

Unfortunately I bought the pair way before the recall Leeroy mentions here:
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=34406&highlight=heaters

Free to good home: pair of the above with slightly greyish tint to the pumpkin tone of the center plastic (Nordica liner residue).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, thanks for the heads up. However I'm guessing that the ones over at epicski are the 110V models. Mine are the 12V models, now wired to a variable voltage transformer adjustable from 6V to 15V. I also have some spare resistors (from my model RC days). I've currently been running them at 12V to get rid of the burn-in smell.

I've actually found a source for some self-regulating 100-240V PTC heaters which run at 50C, so I may be dumping these and making my own. Wink

My sister also found a battery operated boot dryer in one of her equestrian catalogues.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tomsk, power supply completely understood (I like the 50C selfregulating idea much better), but it is still a game of adequate airflow around the unit. The smaller the boot, the more care needed (these were 23.5 IIRC).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy