Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Levi

Poster: A snowHead
Just watched the first leg of the ladies slalom this morning which took place in very interesting conditions. Thick fog at the top and very poor light was obviously causing a lot of strategic problems. The change onto the steep there is VERY sudden, and many of the earlier girls were sliding out on one of the three big left hand turns there. However, we also saw some super skiing - the austrian power team back with a bang - Anya Pearson strangely out of sorts, and a brilliant substitute (not really) run from Jalusic (sp?) in the absence of Janica Kosterlic.

We also saw the course workers standing on the steep with their crampons barely making a notch in the ice - food for though for all us PSBers! Next emission is at 17.00 UK time on eurosport 1, with Nick Fellows back on channel 4 tomorrow morning at 07.45 (again UK time). Hooray - the ski season's here! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was also watching that easiski. Certainly interesting - I think the commentator suggested that it was nigh impossible to determine the slight changes in the terrain owing to the poor light. Not surprising that some of the skiers slide out.

I think the commentator also said that the run is a black, and not one that would be too much fun to ski ordinarily Shocked You have to take your hat off to the competitors.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark Hunter, and the commentator was John Clark - have you ever seen him ski? British team, British team trainer, Flying K record holder (for a few mins only) and BASI trainer ..... he was certainly being modest though. Bad light, though is exactly why course inspection is such an important art isn't it?

The second run was very exciting right up to the end (well, Schild never looked like being beaten did she?) Tremendous skiing again froma number of young skiers, and the light did appear to be slightly better. wonderful stuff - men's tomorrow - whooppeeeee, chance to watch my hero for the first time this year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So all at the PSB should think "right side of main lifts, black slope" and you've about got it. Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was watching the 5pm footage. Was great to see the glorious white stuff again.

I don't know why I've never really thought about it before, but the age of them all, one or two of them being only 16. They're all so young! Probably I'm thinking that because I'm 25 and only just taken skiing up at the age of 24...

But I guess from 18 or so, is when the physical fitness is at peak?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing, particularly the speed disciplines, seems to have a much older profile than other physical sports. Quite a few of the top athletes are closer to 30 than 20.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Quite a few of the top athletes are closer to 30 than 20.

There's still hope for me yet, then? Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charlatanefc wrote:
Quote:

Quite a few of the top athletes are closer to 30 than 20.

There's still hope for me yet, then? Wink

Sadly not for me Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
today's mens slalom was even better than yesterday's - wow, some seriously impressive skiing on what was clearly a really difficult piste. Naturally my hero Mr Raich won ( NehNeh ) and the B man was nowhere. Sadly, neither was Alain Baxter! Kalle Pallander looks good and well on the recovery road, and several others like Burras and Pranger who've been very inconsistent did appear to be skiing for points and a finish. this could be a fascinating season. Very Happy Very Happy

Charlatanefc, Soooooo sorry to have to tell you but ...........
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski,
Quote:

Charlatanefc, Soooooo sorry to have to tell you but ...........

You'll be hearing from my lawyers Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Enjoyed my snow fix today watching the slalom, very entertaining race. Looks like the Atomic tech's got things right this weekend. Clean sweep in the mens and 2 out of the womens podium.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
srobbo wrote:
.......Looks like the Atomic tech's got things right this weekend.....

srobbo, taught 'em everything I know wink. My sources tell me that the Atomic slalom boys were on half a degree base angle & either a 5 or 6 degree side angle Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, 5/6 degrees sounds a lot, they generally use 0,5/86 or 87 especially for that agressive type of snow
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LARGEZOOKEEPER, That's what I thought but that's what Atomic UK have told me.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, I'll check for you but I can't remember ever seeing 84°. For instance Deneriaz uses 0,5/87 for all speed disciplines. I'll ask one of the slalom techs for more info.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Baxter wasn't too far away from making the second run....he`s obviously got a wee bit of form.
snow report
easiski wrote:
and the B man was nowhere

I know! Shocked . What was the matter with him? He looked totally uninterested from top to bottom. Lazy, don't give a damn style Shocked . Is he ill, hungover, or just had a row with someone? He is my favourite but he needs to get a grip Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
LARGEZOOKEEPER, SVST guides go up to 7 degrees although I only use the 7 degree one for back filing after sidewall removal. My info was that Atomic were generally running as follows:
SL & GS: 0.5 degree base & 3 degree side - sometimes increased anything upto 6
SG & DH: 1 to 1.5 degree base & 3 degree side

I'd be grateful if you get me some accurate info.
latest report
maggi, Choose another favourite - he was like that most of last season too. I think he needs a reality check - genius is all very well, but it doesn't pay the bills if you p*ss the money people off too often!
latest report
easiski wrote:
maggi, Choose another favourite - he was like that most of last season too. I think he needs a reality check - genius is all very well, but it doesn't pay the bills if you p*ss the money people off too often!

I think it was mentioned on yesterday's Ch 4 ski programme that with his new sponsorship contracts he's the highest paid skier at the moment. I hope his form picks up; it would be a shame for him if his ski career sort of died without a whimper after being very successful for a few years.
ski holidays
rob@rar, genius is naturally flawed isn't it? I wouldn't be sorry at all - I'm fed up with trying to explain that peeps shouldn't watch him, but Benni and Rainer etc. Just because he makes more noise than everyone else. If he put that energy into his skiing he probably really would be almost unbeatable.
latest report
easiski, the same is true of high profile athletes across a lot of sports. I remember certain coaches telling Paula Radcliff she'd never amount to anything with her technique, likewise Michael Johnson's bolt upright running stance.
latest report
FenlandSkier, good examples. I think it's great that we have someone as distinctive as Bode in ski racing, for his unusual technique and his sometimes controversial off-slope personality. Brings a bit of life to the Tour. That's not to say that I don't admire Benni, Herman or Michael, etc, but Bode means ski racing moves slightly higher up the news agenda which I think is a good thing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy