Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your worst bed experience in a chalet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This can apply to quality of bed, or quality of bedmate.

I'll keep the latter to myself, but certainly the worst bed I have ever experienced (in a chalet or anywhere else for that matter) was in the chalet Grand Nord, Val d'Isere. This infamous dump has beds that must be the aftermath of a sumo trampolinist.

Or am I being unfair and the building has now been justly demolished, or the beds replaced?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me that's an easy one to answer. It was way back in 1986 when I went on a Bladon Lines holiday to Tignes and stayed in the 'Budget Chalet' Cafetan which was located between Val Claret and Lac. Anyhow, to cut a long (and tedious) story short, a raucous party was being held by some Newcastle University undergraduates and things got a bit out of hand. As a school sixth former on an 'independent' trip, us lads decided to join in when things flared up somewhat, and literally! Firstly, an amorous couple decided to get 'jiggy' with it on my bed and, if that wasn't bad enough, towards the end of the evening (when the situation was getting out of control, frankly), some idiot decided to play games with matches in my bedroom which resulted, unfortunately, in the mattress being burnt to cinders. The matter was kept 'in house', the said toffee nosed hooligans ejected and I had to spend the week on the floor, much to my annoyance. Still, I can look back on all of this with a laugh and needless to say, when I went skiing with the school later on in the season, none of these things occured! So, that's my worst bed experience in a chalet!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funny that, my wost was Bladon Lines Budget Chalet Mazot in Zermatt in April 1984, nipples to knees duvets in a 4 bed room with 2 (Toffee nosed) strangers, broken heating and 50% of the chalet staff had ended the season without letting the resort manager know, and we were under threat of no gruel at all if we let on!
Quote:

The matter was kept 'in house'

Le Mazot is ironically now a very swish chalet for 8 instead of a dive for 16.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
...i once woke up very cold with a (then) complete stranger in an upturned bath tub at the top of the saalbach nursery slope. another newcastle uni 'moment'. Puzzled

The guilty tub

i'm the one trying in vain to push it back up the hill. deceptively comfy though after a few shots of stroh 80!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It wasn't in a chalet, but in an an alpine establishment, meant to be a double but was really a very uncomfortable large single, which didn't have enough roomcfor hubby and I. Never slept properly all week. When I buy my apartment i will make sure the beds are comfortable, as I wouldn't go back to this place ony because if the bed. The rest of the holiday, and the accommodation was excellent.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chalet Mazot (referred to above) was excellent when I took a group of 9 there a few years ago (it was then managed by Inghams). The main bedroom has an exquisite view of the Matterhorn.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Season before last, Galli’s Pub Livigno, the room one right above the disco/bar. Eminem had that 12” single with the base rift from Hell on it and it was played at ‘gas mark 11’ for the DJ’s sign off at 03:00 every morning. The bed ‘walked across the room and wedged itself in the bathroom doorway every night/am. I didn’t have a choice but to wait up every night till the party finished. But at £125 for a week ½ board, I’d be churlish to whinge. Food was OK to – and that new black across the valley is a bitch!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Black what? Sabbath?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Waking up with half an Irish Rugby team sprawled across the floor of the apartment and trying to get in our beds. Turns out the key for room 103 also opened 203 303 403 etc and as there were 16 of them in a 4 person apt theyd decided they rather stay at ours! We used to put the suitcases by the front door so we'd hear them come in at night!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not my experience but one for the couple in the room next door....

Nice helpful receptionist gives replacement key to drunken man arriving late at night because he can't get in to his room...he staggers upstairs and lets himself in....promptly begins to beat up man he finds in bed with his "wife"...fight spills out onto corridor waking everyone up... drunk is subdued and, I hope, embarassed when he was finally persuaded he was in the wrong hotel and it wasn't his wife!

Easy mistake to make in Soldeu....the Sport Hotel/Sport Village, sameish name...opposite sides of the road! I blame the receptionist....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had a room in Le Petite Ramo in Le Lavachet in Tignes through Neilson. Me & the Missus have a combined height of 12 ft 2 inches and our double room had NO furniture in it apart from the Mattress (no base). To get from one side of the room to the other we had walk accross the mattress as there was insufficient room to walk round. There was 13 of us in the chalet but it took 17. It has been refurbished I think and now sleeps 8!! with Ski Olympic. Had a fab holiday sharing with some real fun strangers.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bad Maths should be 12ft 6inches
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, prison is cheaper.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, Not by much in this case
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy