Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smallzookeeper Thanks for your help! Dalbello Kryptons......Perfection!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Quote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
By the way, he got the wrap-around on your liners the wrong way around! The outside should be the outside!

SMALLZOOKEEPER is that the case for ALL ski boots or just Dalbello's? I've got Rossignols and never quite know.

WTFH: I am quite happy to keep my tongue firmly on the inside, thankyou very much! Blush

I was trying to find out whether the wrap-around always wraps with the outside part further away from your shin, or whether this is something particularly for Dalbello's and / or special thermo fit liners, like SnowHot has got.

Is the 'wrap around' and the 'cuff' the same thing?

So, in my good old bog standard Rossi Soft 3s I always have the tongue next to my shin, but I was just trying to find out from the hallowed bootfitter if the cuff / wrap-around should then be with the outside on the outside?

I agree with what SnowHot says - mine are generally so comfortable, it doesn't seem to matter to me, but I would like to get it 'right' if there is a right..

boy, this is complicated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
veeeight, I'd say, it's worth fitting your boots this way first, time in resort being of essence, i don't want to find out where we're at too late, moulding liners, helps me accelerate the break-in process and helps my squeeze those big feet into those all too small shells!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, on the whole for most people, they should thermo form.

I've got the luxury of about 12 hours in a snowdome before I get out to resort, so I tend not to thermo form my liners. Just moulding through skiing etc. and progressively buckling down. It may well be psychological but I think doing it the long winded way gives me a beter impression.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
veeeight, Lay down on my couch, we'll talk about it all. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiBod, Ah! Just realised what your saying wink I have Lange boots and always make a point of keeping my tongue inside as well, although it has worked it's way out now and again Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, do the neoprene toe caps come in different mil's? I dunno why I'm asking, but I guess I'm the person who wants to know everything.

I think I used to drive my mom nuts when I was a kid. Why mom?......Mom, how come?.........What's that do?............Why are you wearing ear plugs mommy? Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowHot wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, do the neoprene toe caps come in different mil's? I dunno why I'm asking, but I guess I'm the person who wants to know everything.

I think I used to drive my mom nuts when I was a kid. Why mom?......Mom, how come?.........What's that do?............Why are you wearing ear plugs mommy? Shocked

The Dalbello ones do not come in different thicknesses, but different sizes for different sized feet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Flexon Phil,
You guys will be happy to know that I was pleasently surprised to find out that the boots fit wonderfully. I'v skied two days with the current "snug in the toes" fit and love them. My feet never got cold, the boots performed wonderfully, and I doubt that I'll ever find a boot I like as much as this one.

Thanks to you for all your help. These are the ticket for comfort and performance.
snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SH,

BTW, these being as warm as anything that you can put of your feet is a real nice byproduct. Glad we have another satisfied Krypton skier. You are probably one of the first woman to get out and ski this boot...you must have connections Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just got my wife a pair of Storms. Unfortunatly, no ID's. I will mold her Thermoflex liners for the time being.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Were you saying sumpin' about OTC ID liners?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex wrote:
Were you saying sumpin' about OTC ID liners?

You lost me. Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy