Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les gets snow in general- good?

Poster: A snowHead
I was a little worried about Les Gets being only 1172m - in Champoluc the run back to the village was rarely in good condition at 1600m! And the highest lift only goes to 2000 in les Gets itself??!!

Someone reassure me plz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have skied in Les Gets 3 times, twice for a week in very early (i.e. cheap) January, once at the end of the month for a weekend, when the snow was unbelievable, blizzard conditions and heaps of snow everywhere (it was a time when there were big avalanche problems elsewhere, can't remember quite when). We were always able to ski down to the village, though sometimes the snow was a bit iffy towards the bottom. But I don't think I'd choose Les Gets for an April holiday! When are you going out - will this be your first season? Don't worry, you'll get plenty of snow, and plenty of ski-ing. When the snow is grotty you can catch up on sleep; a priority if you are going to last the season!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been there quite a lot, from Christmas to late March, and always been able to ski down to the village, although sometimes with a little bit of rock hopping. The place seems to attract snow somehow, and it's a good fun place to stay.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
I have skied in Les Gets 3 times, twice for a week in very early (i.e. cheap) January, once at the end of the month for a weekend, when the snow was unbelievable, blizzard conditions and heaps of snow everywhere (it was a time when there were big avalanche problems elsewhere, can't remember quite when). We were always able to ski down to the village, though sometimes the snow was a bit iffy towards the bottom. But I don't think I'd choose Les Gets for an April holiday! When are you going out - will this be your first season? Don't worry, you'll get plenty of snow, and plenty of ski-ing. When the snow is grotty you can catch up on sleep; a priority if you are going to last the season!

my second full season, done around 25 weeks total. U? I'm not overly enthused by the april skepticism pam! spring falls no good in les gets?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This was Les Gets the week before Xmas last year, generally it does seem to get snow, when Morzine gets rain.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice moves kitenski Cool

skiben - you will be fine. More than fine. You'll have more snow, steeps, bumps and challenges than you'll know what to do with. If not you, I and Fat-Russ will spend the entire season getting drunk on the house in Bar Busch wink

The locals always harp on about the microclimate around Les Gets. And they're pretty much right. Ignore the altitude and look at the snow record.

Relax. Kick back. You're going to have a fab season and your skiing is going to come on in leaps and bounds.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skied that area for the last two years in March - lots of snow both times.

snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great!

Thanks guys
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiben, Found a picture of Ranfolly above Les Gets from March this year

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice pic, but I just can't stand those crowded pistes.....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
went ther two seasons ago in early Feb, had snow while there on top of an already good base. Booked to go again this February and can't wait, just hope it starts snowing soon. . . Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davejsy, I got a snow alert for Morzine today, so it looks as though it has already started - I'm going back in March snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wouldn't worry about it being so low. That's only really 2 runs back to the village, which are well topped up with snow guns when necessary. Also part of a huuuuge domain.
Been there in Jan quite a few times and most times it dumped all week. Last year I had a week without a single flake falling from the sky, but on piste it was superb throughout the PdS. No idea what they did to the snow, but it was as good at the end as it was on 1st day.
Going again this Jan Smile and can't wait!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have properties in Les Gets and people who spend the season there every year. They wax lyrical about the snow (and sun) conditions from early until late and we have had wonderful conditions through to the third week of April Very Happy
latest report
Can I also ask how many kms of runs there are in Les Gets/morzine side? Are the runs accessible between each other?
latest report
Can I also ask how many kms of runs there are in Les Gets/morzine side? Are the runs accessible between each other?
snow report
skiben, there's 160km in the Les Gets / Morzine area, which is skied as a single area.

The rest of the 650km of piste in the PDS is reached by crossing Morzine town centre.
snow report
Fingers crossed there's going to be snow by the 23rd December because I'm heading over with the family! Very Happy
latest report
Been to the PdS in January and March and had plenty of snow (despite a foehn last season)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy