Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help and Advice needed on skiis and boots please!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some advice on what to do as far as my gear goes for this year. I am 16 years old with and have been skiing for 13 years, so i have a pretty good skiing background and am fairly advanced. I am on a freestyle skiing team and will be competing in slopstyle halfpipe and skiercross racing. I have a good pair of skiercross skis but i need to know what to do for the park.

I am on a fairly limited budget and currently own a nice pair of 2006 volkl karmas with technica rival x8 boots. My first question is what i should do for boots? I want the boots to be able to do a nice job in the park but also be able to race skiercross on them. Keep my technicas or go for a new pair? Are the rival x8's going to do anything for my skiing or will they just slow down my progression and will i even be able to race on them? Any recomendations for the boots?

My next question is what to do about my skis. I can comfortable jump however i am certainly not advanced in the park but i plan on learning to fly through the air much more this year. I also will be on rails and if possible, would like to be able to ski this ski all over the mountain. Will the karmas win my comps, or should i go with a new 100percent park skis? Thanks for any advice you have!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skiierboy, welcome to snowHeads!

If you have a limited budget, then drop the idea of buying new skis, and invest all the money in new boots. If you don't have enough money for new boots, then I'd suggest you save up until you do.

Hope that helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiierboy, I'll echo WTFH. Karmas are great skis. Put the money in your boots.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skiierboy wrote:
I need some advice on what to do as far as my gear goes for this year. I am 16 years old with and have been skiing for 13 years

You can go off people quite quickly sometimes Laughing

Welcome to snowHead , I see some more learned sorts than I have things covered for now but can you get any sort of sponsorship for your team or from a ski brand to help out??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Concentrate on getting new boots more than anything else - boots will affect your performance more than skis will!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like i should first go for new boots. Im guessing i should just go down to my local shop and talk to them about which boots and try them all on, correct?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah skiierboy, go down and talk to them, being honest about your ability, expectations and realistic about what you want to do. Remember that the boots will be unique to what you want to do with them (e.g. normal piste skiiing / racing / freestyle) as well as your foot shape; so it's probably best if you go in with an open mind and be prepared to try on lots of boots and see what's best, combined with the advice of the boot fitter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skiierboy wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like i should first go for new boots. Im guessing i should just go down to my local shop and talk to them about which boots and try them all on, correct?

Not necessarily. You don't want monkeys to fit your boots, you want zookeepers. Wink

Where are you based? - the more knowledgeable people here (not me) will know of good boot fitter near you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
im based in spokane. does anyone know of a good boot fitter here?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skiierboy, Spokane, eh? Most of these Anglos aren't going to know what to tell you!

Interestingly, there is only one Seattle fitter listed in the bootfitters list on EpicSki and the MasterFit University list shows none. So, either they're being awfully quiet or you may want to find an alternative location for your fitting... Especially if you are going for higher-end gear (which I would expect).

You should be able to get racer form discounts, btw. Ask your coach and/or local ski shop.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy