Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ElzP, recently purchased from solutions4feet (CEM on here) with heat-mouldable liner. The moulding is done (in crude terms) by having sit with your feet in the liner and then wrapped/enclosed and heated for a few minutes.

The principle to me is simple. Rather than the liner over time moulding to your feet (if indeed it does) the heat moulding creates a snug feet to begin with. They can also put pads on to accentuate certain features - in my case bony ankles. Coupled with a custom footbed and perhaps some shell blowing/stretching it will ensure the boot is 'designed for you' from day one.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Layne - thank you; I may have misunderstood the blurb on the boots, I got the impression it was heated 'in wear' as it were, as in battery operated warm stuff.

Though the idea of having my feet heated for a few minutes sounds delicious, they might not get my out of them at the fitters!
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ElzP, I have had good reports of heated ski socks, rather than boots.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ElzP, you can easily buy heated insoles to put in your boots. They're very effective. Hotronic do them, possibly Sidas too.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies to my post and other advice. I ended up going to Rinskis (near Chichester, easy walk from Bosham station) and am now the proud owner of my first pair of boots, plus custom footbeds. They were really friendly (including the dogs) and Steve definitely seemed to know his stuff and wanted to find the right boot for me. We'll find out if he succeeded on the PSB!
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ElzP wrote:
To add to the ski-boots questions (I have searched, lots about heated liners but...)

Has anyone got/used heated ski boots? We're off boot shopping soon, first timers for buying, and of course I'll take what I'm given according to what the fitter thinks is best etc, but I've noticed they have Salomon boots with integral heated bits. I have a distrust of technology, and a feeling of 'what could possibly go wrong?' Any insights would be welcomed just in case these are the boots for me.

I do get very cold feet (rubbish circulation) so likely to be tempted...

i think there are two different things (maybe even three) being discussed

1 custom footbeds are heat molded to the foot (that the stand on the gel pad of foot in a plastic bag bit
2 heat molded liner on many boots the foam of the liners is heated to help it adapt to the foot
3 heated boots... there are a few models which come with an integrated heating system in the liner, personally we avoid them and use an aftermarket heating system as if somehtign goes wrong with the integrared ones you have to replace the entire liner if not the boot, where as the aftermarket ones it is either element (cheap) or battery, any good boot shop should have some option form one of the brands selling this type of thing and should be able to fit it to your footbed in your boot

hope that helps clear up the confusion
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CEM thank you - yes, these are number 3 in your list, and what you say aligns with my 'what could possibly go wrong' worries. I'll ask about the heated liners/socks options when we go. We're off to Captain's Cabin in Sevenoaks which is our nearest and seems to be well regarded from searches on here. Cheers all!
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy