Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Telemark, La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any experience of this place (or La Tania in general)? I'd like to know how much walking to and from is required, but its website is a little sketchy as to how close it sits to the pistes. My only experience of 3V's is Meribel, which I didn't like at all. Is La Tania any cop? Much obliged, as ever...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
full map and loads of detail here:

http://www.latania.co.uk/

scroll down to New Resort Map
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My only experience of the place comes from skiing down to it a few times for a cheap lunch when I was staying in C1850. I'm sure others can tell you more, but in short, I'd stay there if I went back to the 3V. In fact for the money you pay, I should think you get far better value for money than (what is for me) the vastly overrated c1850. It's small enough to get around on foot, seemed friendly enough and also appeared to have enough bars and restaurants too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rainman, I went there for my first ever ski holiday and really enjoyed it, although the run back to the village is marked blue on the piste map, but is a pretty tricky blue and I only tackled it towards the end of the week. However, you can come down in the gondala and the stuff up the mountain is easier ~ so if you have any beginners with you, they should be OK.

Not sure exactly where your hotel is, but there is a lot of accommodation v near the blue piste which comes right back into the centre of the village, and a public elevator inside a block of flats which makes it easier to get to some of the higher chalets.

It's got a couple of nice places to eat, couple of good pubs, but it is a small-ish village.

Very well placed to go either way in the 3Vs - one way to Courchevel, the other to Meribel and Val Thorens.

I would go back there.

This is quite a good thread on La Tania:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=233302&highlight=la+tania#233302

Hope that helps.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiBod, 4thefunofit, kitenski, that helps enormously. Not for me, but the missus and her friends have booked a long weekend there. Sounds perfect for them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

the run back to the village is marked blue on the piste map, but is a pretty tricky blue and I only tackled it towards the end of the week.

Problem solved now - last year a green was opened down to La Tania.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good small, mainly pedestrianised family-orientated resort. Good access into the 3V. Is cheaper than courchevel/meribel but the price does seem to be creeping up year by year as more people discover it. There is a new "green" run back to village now, which was more like a blue when we skied it last season. Apparently it is being "improved" for this season. Decent resort level nursery.

The only real drawback is limited apres, as there are only a couple of lively bars, but if that is all you need then you could do a lot worse.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've stayed in it, but I have stayed near it. It's a fairly short walk from the blue piste (Foyliere?) that runs down to La Tania from Courchevel. The village is compact and quiet, with the busiest places being the two bars that others have mentioned. There are some nice chalets in the trees directly above the resort centre and a few large self-catering apartment blocks. It offers quick access to Courchevel and Meribel, and a short bus ride toLe Praz (Courchevel 1300) for a change of scene in the evening. If you want to ski the 3V on a budget this is a fairly good base, especially if you're not looking for a different apres ski venue every night of the week.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, sounds great, then. They offer a deal for weekends for €425 for three nights inc HB and a 3 day 3V's pass. Sounds pretty good, I think, particularly as they can do the last week of half term! I'm assuming Courchevel will have enough by itself to keep 3 piste cruisers happy for 3 days?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
>> I'm assuming Courchevel will have enough by itself to keep 3 piste cruisers happy for 3 days?

Oh yes! IMHO Courchevel offers some of the best skiing in the 3 Vallees...

Cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was in La Tania for 3 days in Jan 2006 and back for 4 days in Jan 2007. Hope the Telemark is up to scratch as i'm in there! Smile

It would be difficult to loose someone and it's very compact. But it's a fun place.

The latania.co.uk web site referred to above, has regular updates regarding events, just keep a look-out on that.

Great access to the rest of the 3V's, she'll find all types of ski-ing within easy reach. The blue run back into La Tania can get a bit congested and icy at the end of the day. It can become a red-ish blue. As everyone that went up the hill comes back, it can also be a little 'interesting'! wink You can get the hero's bombing down the run with little care to safety. Not a major problem, just be aware of it.
Hope she has a good time!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I agree with the other posts - great resort with lots of charm. Quite small but very easy to get to main 3V runs. To answer the question - it is possible to cut across from from the last stretch of the new green run and ski/stomp down through the trees and appartments to the Telemark ~ 100m. To get back on the slope is about 1-2 minutes walk down hill where you join the flat section at the end of the red run. We stayed in a chalet just up from the Telemark. Eventhough I loved La Tania, I was dissapointed with NBV Eurogroup and Ski France Ltd. See my accommodation review on http://www.skiholidayreview.co.uk
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stayed there last year in Chalet Jennifer which was about 100 mtrs walk in the morning to the edge of the piste that took you down to the main gondala station.
Kinda quite at night but has everything you need re cash machine and ski hire etc.
Take a run down Jockeys in to La Praz (1300) Evil or Very Mad it comes out just above the ski jump.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I went to La Tania March 2006 to check it out for a club trip (From Boston / NYC) this year. It got my thumbs up and we are going there in February 2007.

I liked the place a lot. The hotel we are at is truly ski in/out. There is a bus from Meribel and Courchevel which is great at the end of the day as you can end up in either one and have a few beers before heading back or you can go to Courchevel for the night but need to get a Taxi if returning late. Our hotel was at the bus stop.

We found the village nice, some companied there was a lot of noise at closing time, I didn’t here any, but they may have had there windows open. The village has everything you need including wireless internet, ATM, market, a few restaurants from a pizza place to a nice place. La Tania is very good value. Check out our web site, we have a bunch of relevant links.
http://www.theworldtour.org/Three_Valleys_France.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy