Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 V's List Passes, Trips to nearby resorts, Paradiski etc...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been considering a few days out and about when I'm ski-ing next Jan. Based in the 3V's I supposidly can take 1 day at each of the main nearby ski resorts, Val d'isere, Tignes, La Plagne etc..., on the same lift pass. Apparently referred to as the Espace Olympique Lift Pass.

Nothing is mentioned on the sv3.com web site.
Pistehors web site states:-
Val Thorens is part of the Espace Olympique which gives you access to Val d’Isère, Tignes, la Plagne, les Arcs, Pralognan la Vanoise and les Saisies.
However, they also report that, one person trying it had their pass rejected at the turnstyle in La Plagne and had to pay. They were told they could claim it back but didnt get anything returned, (so far).

Piste Hors advice is....
"It is obviously worth checking very closely what the guest resort requires in the way of documentation. The problem may lie with Val Thoren’s handsfree lift pass system. This encodes data such as the user’s photograph onto a chip stored in the card. If the guest resort cannot read this information you may need some supporting documentation to prove the lift pass is yours. "

So, has anyone used this day trip option? If so, where did they use it and what did you need to do, other than get there, documentation etc?

Thanks.
snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Reply just recd from s3v.com.

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Yes, if you have a 3 Vallées, 6 day minimum lift pass you could benefit from 1 day of skiing in Espace Killy and 1 other day in Paradis Ski during the validity of your 3 Vallées lift pass. You will have to visit to the main ticket office of the resort in Tignes, Val d'Isère... and show your lift pass + your receipt (the piece of paper received in the same time of your 3 Vallées lift pass).
Best Regards.

Seems easy enough, but this seems to contradict the PisteHors experience.
snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fraserp wrote:

Seems easy enough, but this seems to contradict the PisteHors experience.
snowHead

No, the PH advice is to remember to take your receipt and probably some id not just the lift pass, as Courchevel advises above. The problem is that guest resorts can't necessarily read the information on the 3 Vallees hands free passes (the photo is held on the 3Vs central computer rather than on the pass).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see.... Thanks for point out the receipt recquirement difference. I'll remember to have that with me on the day. Smile

BTW, there no photo on standard 3V's passes (Ready to ski P@s) any more. The free ones or season passes are the only ones where your have to apply with the photo. From the s3v web site

Quote:

Compulsory documentation
Free liftpassees : proof of date of birth + 1 passport photo for 7 days and over
Cut prices liftpasses : proof of date of birth
Season Passes + Option Cards : proof of date of birth for free lift or cut prices + 1 passport photo
Family Pass : proof of family link+ proof of date of birth of children

So it must be the 'prove who are game' (is the card yours).

Thanks again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To take advantage of the "Espace Olympic" days you must go to the lift pass office when you visit another resort, you can't simply try to board a lift and expect the handsfree gate or liftie to accept your pass from the 'wrong' resort. When I bought my Paradiski season pass last year it came with a separate Espace Olympic ticket, with my name on it, which indicated what days I could ski in other resorts. When I used this ticket in the 3V and Espace Killy holes were punched in it (a bit like an old style bus ticket) to show I'd used my free days there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar,
Quote:

(a bit like an old style bus ticket

Shocked Your not that old! Surely Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
rob@rar,
Quote:

(a bit like an old style bus ticket

Shocked Your not that old! Surely Laughing

Laughing I do remember them, but only from primary school days. Don't forget that I grew up in the South Wales valleys (the Land that Time Forgot), so when my school bus was using clippie tickets other, more metropolitan parts of the country may well have introduced hands-free passes Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy