Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

will learning to ski affect my boarding

Poster: A snowHead
hi,
I am in the process of learning to board, and im nearly there level3/4
Thing is my GF doesnt like snowboarding and wants to ski,
I said id learn with her.
But will this affect how i board if that makes sence
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hargi, nope, they're complimentary, just enjoy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hargi, I doubt it. I ski and board and if anything understanding of one helps the understanding of the other.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, you might give up board... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
demos, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It shouldn't but after learning to board I doubt you'll see the point NehNeh Razz

Actually I would recommend trying skiing, however, an alternative is to ride switch while she skis, this will slow you down but be great for your riding long-term.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hopefully! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably better to go on a ski course specifically for snowboarders.

In the first lesson they will teach you how to pull your pants up and not sit in the middle of the piste. Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, wrote
Quote:

Probably better to go on a ski course specifically for snowboarders.
In the first lesson they will teach you how to pull your pants up and not sit in the middle of the piste.

Oh I say...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are we too cruel to board-riders? Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was surprised how many young baggy troosed twin tipped dudes there were at L2A.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was surprised how many of them were snowHead 's
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
demos wrote:
Well, you might give up board... Madeye-Smiley

... or, give up the girlfriend... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, is lesson two how to wear this?

http://users.adelphia.net/~weluvit/ebay/pics3/skinew.JPG
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hargi, I switched to boarding about 8 years ago and then back to skiing 2 years ago as skiing with my kids now. I find it pretty easy to switch between the two, although first run always odd. Both have the same principle of turning by transferring weight onto other edge.
snow report
my son does both, a brilliant skier and an increasingly competent boarder, having spent a season working in Val D'Isere last year, on top of a lifetime of holidays since he was 6. He likes the variety and it depends on the conditions, and who he is with, which he chooses. On a thin, scrapy, icy, day when lots of pistes are mogulled, he will ski. If there is heaps of soft stuff he will probably board. He loves both. It's not like learning to play squash when you are a good tennis player, which can mess up your wrist action. Do both, and enjoy it all twice as much. Despite some of what you might read on here, there is no scientific evidence that it can actually affect your likelihood of going to Heaven!
snow conditions
pam w,
Quote:

Despite some of what you might read on here, there is no scientific evidence that it can actually affect your likelihood of going to Heaven!

Not sure about that falling on a board looks like purgatory to me. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
I doubt that learning to ski will affect your boarding in a negative way, but becoming a skier will make you much cooler. Women will want to be with you, and men will want to be you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy