Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjustable bindings.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My touring boots and alpine boots are almost the same size, there's less than 5mm difference in foot sole length. A ski tech showed me how to adjust a pair of atomic bindings to take either boots.

I don't want heavy rental bindings but am looking for alpine bindings that allow me to use my touring boots and alpine boots on the same skis with a simple adjustment. So which bindings can be adjusted in this way?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hmmm - generally not a great idea to use touring boots with alpine binding because the toe bale on touring boots is too high. i know salomon bindings have adjustable toe height and are probably the least worst for this sort of thing

edit: why not just use fritschi touring bindings which definitely accommodate downhill and touring boots?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 6-11-06 9:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, I've used Salomon bindings (S9-) with touring boots...but the best bet would be a beefy touring binding...the Fritschi Freeride should suit.

This is because the Freerides have a toepiece designed to suit touring boots, whereas Alpine bindings don't.. so although they will fit, the release won't work properly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno / Ski,

Forgot to say I have a pair of garmont Adrenalins with an interchangable sole (touring and Alpine). When travelling light taking just the touring boots would be an advantage. By fitting the alpine sole on the Garmonts and adjusting a couple of screws on the atomic alpine bindings I can use the touring boots on Alpine skis (and revert back to a full alpine setup when required).

I have two sets of Freerides but there are days when we are not skining up and an Alpine binding / ski would be preferable (plus putting freerides on every pair of skis get's expensive). There are other days when I'd just like to use Alpine boots on Alpine bindings. I know that with my atomic bindings using either set of boots is possible but this doesn't look possible with the Tyrolia freeflex bindings on the Bandits XX's.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB wrote:
When travelling light taking just the touring boots would be an advantage. By fitting the alpine sole on the Garmonts and adjusting a couple of screws on the atomic alpine bindings I can use the touring boots on Alpine skis (and revert back to a full alpine setup when required).

don't quite understand this bit. if you're only taking skis with an alpine binding, why not just take your alpine boots?

my own solution to this conundrum is only to use touring boots on proper (ie full day and longer) tours. i'm happy to skin for an hour or so in alpine boots and there are no problems of compatibility with any bindings
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno wrote:
don't quite understand this bit. if you're only taking skis with an alpine binding, why not just take your alpine boots?

I'd be taking touring and Alpine skis but only my touring boots (e.g. planing to go on long tours but a dump means I can get out the fat skis with alpine bindings for shorter tours). I also want to compare the performance of touring boots & alpine boots on he same ski with the same binding. With an adjustable binding I can always switch back to a full Alpine setup at a later date. Without the adjustment I always have to carry two sets of boots and two sets of skis.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB, It seems you have a very specific set of requirements ! If it was me, I'd go with the comparison using your Freeride mounted skis...cos they will fit both.

What is the problem with fitting the (alpine soled) Adrenalines to your Freeflexes ? There is no toeheight adjustment, so all you should need to do is adjust the length using the screw under the heelpiece ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski wrote:
What is the problem with fitting the (alpine soled) Adrenalines to your Freeflexes ? There is no toeheight adjustment, so all you should need to do is adjust the length using the screw under the heelpiece ?

Until now I've always left binding adjustment to the ski technician.

This is my question, does every set of bindings have an ajustment screw on the heel piece that will enable me to alter the sole length by +/- 5mm.? The Atomic bindings have this but I can't find it on the Tyrolia bindings.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, At the back of the heel piece you will find a small tab, which, when lifted, allows the heel piece to move. You will need to make sure that the 'foward pressure' is correct. I can't describe here how that's done, but a Ski Tech will be able to show you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski,

Thanks. I found some sort of tab but wasn't sure what it was for and how too adjust it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy