Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sad Pics of one of my local hills

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I checked the web sites today to see if the local hills had their opening dates set.
They do! November 24th.

This is the web page of their Snow guns today November 5th.

http://www.caberfaepeaks.com/photogallerysnowmaking.html

How sad. Sad
Bring on the cold temps

Crystal Mt looks a bit more encouraging but the 50F(10C)temps today didn't help
http://www.crystalmountain.com/winter/index.cfm?fuseaction=skireport
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi SnowHot. I feel your pain! Had a look at some of the Pics there and there looks to be a lot of fan guns pretty close together and high pole mounted high pressure air/water guns - looks a fairly intensive snow making operation? Do you know much about the system, type of equipment. number of fan guns, number of fixed guns or any similar info?

I'd be very interested to know what the concentration of the number of guns is as at your local hill as it looks a similar sized area to the Lecht here in Scotland.

Also what is your climate like during winter, is it usually cold and dry so the snow sticks about or do you get a fair bit of fluctuating temperatures and freeze thaw cycles meaning they often have to top up the snow cover?

Sorry for all the questions but I hope you can answer a few of them, very interested in finding snow making situations that may offer an insight into the potential for much greater snowmaking effort here in Scotland.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Incidently the other side of the States isn't doing wonderful either - Kirkwood's opening day is in 12days.... Things need to change there too, but there is some hope of a storm bringing snow next week:

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Winterhighland, The good news here is that we are on a peninsula so we get some lake effect snow throughout the winter. Temps usually range from freezing point, below 30 degrees or so. Our ski season usually lasts from The last weekend of Nov through the first week of April.

As far as Caberfae Peaks snow making capabilities, they are a family run operation with minimal cash flow so I'm sure it is as good as they can afford.

Crystal Mountain, Michigan, tends to have some decent snowmaking capabilities, and extremely good coverage, but they have a 'bigger vision' for their money making capabilities.

This is Crystal Mountain last year, while the guns were going.

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy