Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere December snow reliability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked to go to Sestriere over xmas but am starting to get worried about there being no snow or very little snow. Currently there is no snow at all and the long range forecast doesn't show any sign of any snow either. Has anyone been to Sestriere over xmas in the last couple years that can shed some light on snow reliability?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hornster, I don't know Sestriere, but I'd say that in general it's way too early to get worried.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were in Sestriere for Christmas a couple of years ago and they had had hardly any snow (they had very little all season), but the big advantage of them having the Olympics there last year was that they had got major snow making. There were quite a few runs closed, and being Italian they were not very good about telling you which ones were closed until you got to the top, but there were enough to keep us quite happy and the slopes were far quieter than we expected.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the slopes are facing NW and ranging from 1840m to 2825m and extensive snow making facility , snow cover should be reliable or so says the " where to ski " bible snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniegirl, what was the snow like on the neighboring resorts slopes like Saux etc?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hibernia, did your "where to ski" bible say that it was reliable over xmas or reliable in general?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hornster, went to Sestriere a couple of Christmasses ago like Anniegirl, and found the same. Snow making is pretty good and probably better now than it was then. Also, their busy time is after Christmas and leading into New Year so chances are that all possible will be done to get as much of the area skiable as they can.

Sauze will probably be OK if the bubble is running (often shut by high winds) as long as you stick to the top runs. Don't know about Sansicario etc.

BTW, take lots of thermals - it can be rather bleak and exposed on those NW slopes. PM me if you'd like any further info
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowmaking in Sestriere is pretty extensive, covering most of the main runs in Sestriere itself, the runs down to Borgata, and the main runs on Banchetta. The only area which doesn't have any cover is the runs towards Grangesises.

In Sauze, the main run from the top all the way back to the village has snowmaking, as has one of the runs down to Sportina and (new last season) onwards back to the village. However getting between the top of Sauze and the bubble from Sestriere Borgata can be 'interesting' if there is little snow in the intervening valley: either take the almost-flat slow single-seater chair (if running), or last Jan they were towing skiers with skidoos - was quite hairy at times and some of our group preferred to skate/walk.

The new gondola from Sestriere to the top of Sansicario means access to Sansicario's slopes is now far easier than it was, and the main runs there are also covered by cannons. However the run back to Sestriere isn't covered (unless they put that in this summer).

I've been skiing in Sestriere for a week in January for the last 5 years. Of those, twice there has been brilliant conditions, once things were okay, and twice it has been artificial only: I'm hoping this year will be a good one!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi folks. Am considering a resort package for Sansicario (Hotel Majestic) in Feb 3rd and was wondering if snow is predicted to be reliable then? thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy