Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Laws regarding helmets in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone clarify the law regarding helmets for children in France. Got a meeting with parents next week about school ski trip and the question always gets raised. Everyone seems to give me a different answer. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Italy Helmets are compulsory for children under 14 BY LAW.

In France the national ski school ESF has intoduced the rule on a Voluntary basis.
My childrens school has made the descision that it is a School rule, that ALL pupils will wear a helmet whilst skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So is there currently no law in France? We ski with the UCPA. They insisted some pupils had helmets but not others. gave helmets to the smaller pupils if i remember rightly
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No law in France but you can often negotiate a free helmet for the week for kids when you rent the skiis and boots
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They do give us helmets free anyway. Not sure wether or not to just put in a blanket rule that all pupils have to have helmets. Will have to check they have enough to give us.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not aware of any law in France. My daughters' school makes it compulsory for the gels, along with all sorts of other less obviously sensible ones, like locking the bedroom door at night (I think the danger of fire, although remote, is higher than danger of abduction, rape or murder), only going out in 3s and no more than €100 spends (yeah, right, as my daughter said). My son's school also makes them compulsory, but is a bit more relaxed otherwise.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 7-11-06 11:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right i've def decided all pupils will wear helmets regardless of ability or size or age. Will just add a few euro each to holiday cost to ensure we have enough to pay for all pupils to have one. Sure there wont be any parent who isn't willing to pay 10 euro or so to ensure they all have helmet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
garethjomo, and to set the right example I expect sir will wear one too wink

Actually it's semi serious as I insist on my 10 year daughter wearing one and because of that I do too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll tell all the staff to wear them too they'll be thrilled! Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I must admit, I've usually met loads of helmets in France Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc, you'll meet 2 more on the next bash, both Frosty The Snowman and I are now equipped with lids.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
garethjomo, it might be a good idea to get hemets in UK, as it may be that your hire place in the resort will not have enough. It can be done; my daughter's school is doing that, not sure about my son's. The girlies have been measured and will be given the helmets before they go to check for size.

I wear a helmet, BTW, and not just because I want my kids to (they'd do so anyway, as they've never skied without one (almost).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As FenlandSkier, says, we both purchased lids at the PSB. The conditions persuaded me it was a good idea, and having worn one i can say it was hardly noticed. Both my kids have always worn helmets and now i shall join them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There were quite a few snowHead 's at PSB with helmets on.
I bought mine in US (bargain price in the sale) and the PSB was the first time I had worn it for more than a few hours at a time and as Frosty the Snowman, said I didnt notice I had it on. I feel confident that in hot weather being able to remove the inner bits will keep my head cool.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm glad we cleared up the laws about wearing helmets anyway Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy