Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tourparty.com holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone here have any experience of tourparty.com holidays?

Hubby picked up a leaflet today with details of their teenski holidays for 12-17 year olds (our girl is almost 12) and they look fantastic, but there's no mention of them being registered with ABTA or anything.

I've trawled the website but can't find anything, except that they are part of Triple Air Ltd (the UK distributor for LINE Skis since 1999).

Any ideas chaps?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'd think of sending your teenagers on their own to 2Alpes? Are you mad?!! Shocked

2Alpes markets itself as a big party resort for young people. As a result it has a lively buzz with lots going on, and it's full of the aforementioned young people having the sort of fun you'd expect - drink, drugs, sex and loud music, not necessarily in that order. It's a fun place for teenagers, but I wouldn't let under-18s loose on it without beady parental eyes on hand.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
net_masters, 'tourparty' . . . the idea terrifies me and I haven't got a pubescent daughter but I've been away with a pubescent son and his mates who would crawl over broken glass to get one . . . Confused

It may well be perfectly fine and safe but the potential to go tits-up in a nuclear fashion has to be just one bitchy comment away (I went through their puberty with two teenage stepdaughters ) Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think they run adults trips as well, they were down in Warmwell a few weeks back as part of the AIM comp that was going on there. They work in partnership with LINE, think the whole concept is really good, fully supervised, kids get to learn freestyle skiing on some really good equipment. Also, going out with a group of your own peers, (as opposed to a family holiday, and even a school trip) not only helps kids build up their skiing abilities, but also meeting like minded people and confidence building. Not sure about the ABTA thing tho!

If they had this sort of thing when I was young, then I would have definately pestered my mum and dad to go! (God I feel old now.... I'm only 22). I can understand how parents can worry, but if you have any doubts; you're doing the right thing by asking questions, either here or by emailing / calling them.

But having said all that it would help if their website was better laid out!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Are you mad?!!

Which is why people post questions on this forum so that they can get informed answers.....Well said CEE
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
You'd think of sending your teenagers on their own to 2Alpes? Are you mad?!! Shocked

Indeed, what with booze, drugs, sex and loud music being impossible to get over here. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tim Brown, much easier to get it over there, well the booze anyway. A school ski trip was my first experience of going to a bar and buying drinks, think I was 13 or 14. Fortunately my parents had begun to educate me about drinking and allow me an occasional glass of wine, and I was sensible enough to have one beer and go to bed. Even if you email the company they are unlikely to advise against your daughter going, it is after all a business, but I would advise caution.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mjg, this is what it says:

Quote:
We offer a fully inclusive, supervised residential option for young skiers and snowboarders, guys and girls, with 24 hour supervision from start to finish.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tim Brown, a bit like a school trip then.....

How can you keep an eye on a group of kids of this age 24 hours a day for a week?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well.. normally there is a set standard of Adults per number of children... I remember going on a PGL trip as a child and we had a guy with us ALL the time, even slept in the dorm with us. - no doubt that will start chants of kiddy fiddler in subsequent posts Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kiddy Fid....... Seriously though if the company seems reputable and the young lady in question is sensible then fair enough, but at least make sure she is sufficiently clued up on the vices mentioned above just in case
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wouldn't send the three teenage Axsettes to Les2Alpes alone. I don't think Les2Alpes could handle it! Twisted Evil Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I survived L2A without my parents - didn't get drunk, and had many a happy night in les Lutins bar Very Happy Although watch out for drunk french with face paint!!
If it is a teen-designed holiday the teens should be supervised all the time and therefore not be allowed to go off and get drunk and shag everyone in sight.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
Well I survived L2A without my parents - didn't get drunk, and had many a happy night in les Lutins bar Very Happy Although watch out for drunk french with face paint!!

I see what you mean. Are you sure you wasn't drinking wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr_Sark, what did he do with his puppies all day while he was out skiing? Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy