Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reminder: Warren Miller films starting from tonight on TV

Poster: A snowHead
I know it was brought up some time ago, but just a reminder to those that did not see, ESPN Classic (under the sports menu, 3 pages down, if you have Sky, chan 442) are starting showing Warren Miller films every Saturday from tonight, until I think early January.

First one tonight is at 7PM, called Snow Riders.

It's their pick of the day, more info HERE

Please post any thoughts after you've seen it!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this on cable anywhere?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eddyr, Thank you! Certainly would not have found it without your reminder, also seems to have escaped the Skiing on TV section on the scgb website as well here which has no skiing listed for today at all! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, although deficient in this case the SCGB page does look handy - I'll try to remember to look at it!

I was at the gym yesterday morning watching something snow related on Sky Sports 2 - people were helicoptering to the top of a mountain and they pretty much straightlining down the front Shocked ... did make me run faster...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, according to my telly paper, the channel's only on Sky Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cathy, Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just for sake of interest... ESPN Classic (442) is run by none other than Konrad Bartelski. He's hoping to get old Ski Sundays on there as well... slaloms round wooden poles, no nancy-boy crash nets, jumpers for goalposts etc... I love it... watching 1st Div football from 1985 is much better than today's prancin' about.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great title sequence Toofy Grin Looks promising
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Watched about half of it so far (moaned at by the missus, it is quite long) - very amusing watching freestyle skiiers from about 10 years ago, wearing all in one suits! Bizarre....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
eddyr, I can tell you secretly want an all-in-one... got one for sale as it happens - one careful moustache-sporting owner. Pink.

I did cringe in a few places but, hey, at least it proves that big mountain skiing, freeriding and all that, hasn't just been invented.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eddyr, thanks - pity it won't series link on sky+. Am I the only one who wishes one could turn the cringe making commentaries off and keep the music?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother, I'm one of the few who likes his chat... better than when his son had a go at it a few years back. I tried the series link as well... bummer.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well its no biggie with the series link, you can scroll forward 7 days at the end of it and record it that way.

I too, quite liked the commentry, rather droll but quite amusing generally!

thanks for your offer Bode Swiller, but I think i'll cope with trousers and coat - if I don't feel cool enough, I'll be sure to let you know!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Missed it
Thats what I get for not logging on to snowheads more often
Will look out for it next week though
By this time of year I will watch anything with snow in it
Thanks for the tip eddyr,
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

freestyle skiiers from about 10 years ago

God. That long ago? Really? Amazing. wink
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

freestyle skiiers from about 10 years ago

God. That long ago? Really? Amazing. wink

I can remember seeing it at the cinema, how time flys when you get older.
snow report
Bah, sky+ series link doesn't work for this Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy