Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to the the Ski Show at the NEC? Dont waste your time......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been to the 'so called' ski and board show at the NEC. Big disapointment. Sad

Walked round it in 15 mins, 15 mins later I'd got everything I needed. On way home within 45 mins. Real waste of time and money. I went to the Olympia event, that was worth while. This was a joke in comparrison!

For example, the so called Snow and Rock stand was just that, no equipment, no clothing, just carry bag with brochure. Lots of nice smiley faces, one big Cantabrica coach (they had to pad it out), Ellis Brigham stand, few resorts. Out of the main tour operator on Neilson that I could see. At first I thought I'd missed another room somewhere. Saw the reports from MCR (that ones allways poor), hoped this would be better. I was here last year and it was good. Far too small. Overheard one of the stand discussing, poor attendance, and poor uptake from the industry.

It's one to put in the never again box! Save yourself some money, give it a miss.

No doubt others may be happy, good luck.

Hey ho.....
snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fraserp, thanks for the warning. I was thinking about going tomorrow. I'll go out cycling instead and save myself wasting the cash!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
London ski show was also disappointing this year. Attendance and exhibitors were way down, imho.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At least the shows were held. I really missed the Southampton one not being held this year Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IMHO

We need to have ONE decent ski show, covering all disciplines and cut out all the hanger ons. I'm not bothered about having a massage or seeing wheeled mountain boards. Have all the main ski tour operators and main ski resorts should be there. Even London was less than i hoped. The NEC this year was a joke!

I do appreciate those that do attend. Are the main operators possibly a little complacent now? There were a few (very few) informative stands. The biggest stand on the site was the open plan cafe, says it all! Sad

To whoever runs this event, (Global ski shows?), if it gets any smaller, I know a local village hall not 5 miles away that may be able to fit you in. The Girl Guides haven't confirmed yet for next year! Get a grip, improve it, have free entry, or can it all together!

Growl over...

TTFN.. 10 weeks and counting... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought the NEC show was better than previous years - was there on Friday. Quite a few resorts (Canada, selection of N.America, Tirol, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, & Scotland at least), several smaller tour operators/chalet companies, and a variety of retailers (Snow and Rock have only have a brochure-handout stand for at least five years). The NEC has always paid second fiddle to the London shows with Manchester a poor third, but with the NEC show being so late this year there did seem to be comparatively less bargains around than usual.

We did spend a little money: set of thermals for Junior, a Bamboo(!) top for myself and a thin neck warmer thing. But IMO the ski show isn't about shopping: it's about meeting old friends and catching up on the news.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah - but the bike NEC show was fantastic!!! NehNeh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fraserp, i got to disagree with you i spent the weekend working there didn't stop the whole time sat / sun friday was a little quiet, a lot of the stand holders i know had a better show at B/ham than they did at London

i thought it was a good show with a reasonable selection of different stuff to look at, buy or discuss

the displays were far better than London, and the atomsphere was IMO far better, there was the Talk theater with interesting subjects and lectures every 30 mins

if you want to look at snow and rock go to your local store, the reason they were not there is two fold...they haven't been for several years and they were launching a big promotion in the B'ham store

i'm with RobW, when he says

Quote:

the ski show isn't about shopping: it's about meeting old friends and catching up on the news.

and i met up with a couple of snowHead 's at the weekend Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM,
Glad you had a good time working there and meeting with old friends.

I stated that Snow and Rock weren't present, not because I had a desperate need. I have S+R 4 miles away. The last weekend , they had discounts and free ski prep, had that done in MCR on the Sunday. It was just that the web site said they would be. No point in having just a brochure stand. But, thats really down to S+R. They clearly thought it wouldnt be worth it. And they were right.

I agree the talk theatre was a good idea, better though would have it a litte more seperate. I was just very dissapointed in how small it was and what was there.

No hidden agenda, vested interest, nor financial gain involved. For me though, as a punter I had to pay to travel, park and get in. I wont waste my money and valuable time again at either MCR or NEC under this format. Sad

It could be improved. Hope it will be. wink

Also agree with Scarpa, the bike show would have been much better.

TTFN

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 6-11-06 11:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad I didn't bother, sounds as bad as the Manchester one we went to which was very disappointing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Southampton boat show was good ! Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy