Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

need help buyin twin tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi ive been skiing since i was 5 (im 16) and i want to buy a pair of twin tips for this season because im goin to winter park with my friends during feb break. I want skis that are good for jumps, rails but also for the whole mountain. im around 5'6' and 130 and ive asked my friend and ive got a few suggestions on what which to buy:

line invader 151 or 161?
ninthward 160 butterlicious
Ninthward M.I.P Tosh Peters Pro Model 160
Rossignol Scratch Sprayer FS 168

I realy dont know what to buy so ide appreciate anyhelp. Thanks a lot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, at 5'6" thats kinda narrowed the choices for me:

I'd go with:

Line Invader
Armada ARW - 161 (if your a gal, you dont say!)
K2 Fujative - 159cm with Rossi Scatch or Look PX12 jib binding
Ninthward Butterlicious - BEWARE! they are a fairly non ski'd twin, not many use them, I bought armada rather than these as i couldn't be sure of quality!!!!

Tip - K2 reccomend Marker bindings - DONT!!!! i have Look bindings on all mine, they're far more robust!

I Ski:

Dynastar Troblemaker with Look P12 Jib
K2 Public Enemy with Look P12 Jib (labeled Rossi 120 but the same)
Armada AR6 with Look PX12 Jib

Adam
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
check out the Armada range

for pure park you can't go past the Tanner Halls, absoloute sinful fun

alll mountain the AR5 or 6 can still park it up somewhat, but the Pro models above that offer better off piste torsion.

K2 is good value.

Adam's binding pointers are good
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgot the tanner halls - doh!

out of all my skis I absolutely love the AR6, good all mountain with plenty of pop off kickers, more so than the last years AR5's

A
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vertically challenged doesn't necessarily mean short skis if you are either a) technically sound or b) a fat git like me (which you are not, but your technique should be OK after 14 / 15 years)! Particularly if you're looking at something all mountain, something a bit longer can open up your options. I'm 5'6" (and a bit) and I ski a 175 pair and a 182 pair. I'm not much into the park but both are certainly fine in that terrain as long as you don't want to spend all day with the rats.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fomo1919, definitely try the ninthwards. I demo'ed a pair at the end of last season and loved them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy