Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Newbie here.

I am wondering if any one can help regarding travelling by Eurostar. There are two options for travelling by day and I was wondering how difficult it was to get from Paris Gard du Nord to Paris Gard du Lyon. This train is cheaper on our outward journey and I just thinking is it worth paying the extra expense to save a lot of hassle.

We have never travelled at all by train so it's all a new experience.

Thanks
snow report
 brian
brian
skiing mariner, it's fairly straightforward, Gare du Nord and Gare de Lyon are both on RER (suburban rail, it's like the metro on steroids) line D.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yup,

takes about 15 minutes (stops at chatelet les halles on the way). Trains every 10 mins or so. Takes normal metro tickets.

You probably want to leave yourself at least 45 minutes to ensure a stress free transfer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think something needs to be done about automatic outlinks on the forum thread index... i wonder how many people have figured out how to get into this thread without visiting eurostars site 20times!! Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Winterhighland, twice for me.They will get a high hit ratio tonight .. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I only visited once. skiing mariner, if you've a lot of gear, it's not too far by cab.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the responses. It gives me something to think about. It is the luggage that is concerning us. Apologies if everyone has gone onto the eurostar website.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skiing mariner, Welcome to snowHead snowHead .

As everyone says it's pretty straightforward, I've done it in both directions carrying kit for a months backpacking/camping. IIRC it's well signposted from Gare du Nord.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is NOT easy to get from Nord to Lyon and back again. Especially during a busy day, within a tight schedule of less than 1 hour and with luggage and kids to watch.

The Nord-Lyon transfer is doable, but it is a pain in the backside. It is by far the most annoying part of the Eurostar ski train journey.

I would recommend you book direct to Bourg St Maurice, as this saves a whole lot of hassle.

What you cannot avoid, however, is the Lyon-Nord changeover on the return -- there is no Passport Control in BSM. So I guarantee you will be hacked off at least once during your trip.

Overall, I recommend you take the Eurostar -- it is a great train and a good way to see France -- but be prepared for mild irritation at the Paris changeover.

PS. If you take the overnight train and book economy, be prepared for them to leave the lights on all night. This makes it very difficult to sleep, even with eye protectors.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Winterhighland, agree, but wonder why it is set up to do that? Puzzled
latest report
 brian
brian
WayneC, Eurostar advertise on snowheads. I would imagine admin gets a small commission from them when someone books having clicked through from snowHead s.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy