Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kopaonik Serbia - New Year advice please!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone - I'm loving this site! Very Happy

Sorry for the pile of questions but I'm excited about my hols................!

Has anyone been to Serbia over New year and know how busy the slopes/lifts get?

I am also searching for info on the Konaci Apartment Complex - What is it like? How far from lifts?

Are there lots of restaurants and is food /drink cheap?

Finally, what are ski conditions generally like (I know this depends on the snow!!!). It's just I went to Bulgaria (Borovets) last winter and it was like an ice rink by the end of the day! Aparently its renowned for being icy and I was hoping Kopaonik may be a little better?? Puzzled

Thanks for the help!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi drfc8,

You've come to the right place. There are many threads on here for Kop.

Were also going out in January (21st) staying at Club A. Cant wait

Here are some of the threads....
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11619

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=424484&highlight=kopaonik#424484

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=410068&highlight=kopaonik#410068

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=323449

There's also the resorts official site at....
http://www.kopaonik.net/eng/_html/home.html

Not forgetting Stev's fantastic photos of seasons gone by......
http://ept.kg.ac.yu/kopaonik/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have you had a look on www.tckopaonik.com there's up to date wheather news on there. Apparently there's 30 cm of snow on the slopes and some of the runs are open already.

We're heading out to Kop on 14 Jan, we went to Boro the same week last year and also found it to be very icy, by 4 days into the run there was no point in trying to turn just ski over the ice and hope for a clear run in front of you!!! Bit of a nightmare really as that was our fist time skiing.

We're looking Forward to Kop though, the reports sound favourable, there seems to be far more runs than Boro and hopefully there won't be the bizarre situation of flat out blacks crossing straight over blues and greens.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
drfc8, welcome to Snowheads. We spent a new year in Kop but so long ago that my information will be completely useless to you. It as probably 1987 or 1988; it was still Yugoslavia. However, though I can't remember the details, we were in those same apartments and everything seemed near! We were self catering and taken aback to find the (only) supermarket shut the day after we arrived (ie on New Year's Day). I found a few peasant farmers selling produce round the back of the apartment block and dredging up some Serbo Croat I had learned for a sailing holiday in Croatia the previous summer (completely pointless on the coast, as it turned out, though fun, because they all spoke German if they didn't speak English) I managed to buy some wizened apples, potatoes, and "kaymak", a delicious cream cheesy thing, for lunch. I felt v pleased with myself though the kids were not impressed. A few times that holiday I was glad of some Serbo Croat, if only to amuse the receptionist in the apartments when I asked for key "239" or whatever, which was a big long difficult word which I only mastered towards the end of the week. I also managed to buy some cream in a pharmacist for my son's very bad prickly heat. "Hot from sun but not sunburn". I expect they all speak loads of English now, but that wasn't the case then. They were also suffering hyper inflation and the supermarket opened late every morning because they had to change all the prices. I wasn't skiing that holiday, as I had recently had a big operation, but although it was a very bad snow year the boys and my husband enjoyed the skiing, and liked their Serbian ski intructor very much. From him they learnt quite a bit about the hardship caused to ordinary families by the inflation. From recent threads it sounds as though there has been lot of development (though I don't like the references to land mines off-piste...). I'm sure you'll have a great holiday, should be loads better than your Bulgaria experience, but check whether the supermarkets (there are probably several now) will be open at New Year!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always wanted to go to serbia skiing - bet you'll have a great time. I've been to Serbia quite a lot for reasons other than skiing and you will be guaranteed a very unique (in a good way!) time I'm sure. Serbs have a great sense of humour and I would think the apres ski would be fun and characterful!. Let us know how it goes - I for one am really interested.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys - I'll let you know how we get on!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

We went to Kop last year and stayed at the Konaci. The apartments are basic, but clean. Everything you need. Only 5mins walk from the nearest lift. In fact, we are going again on the 21st Jan 2007! Can't wait, just hope it snows!!!

The food and drink is very cheap. Two of us were going for a meal and having a couple of beers each it was coming to about a tenner between us. Beer in the supermarkets is about 30p a bottle and in the bars about 60p. A bottle of vodka was about £3.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from Kop, snow conditions not great at moment but had a fantastic holiday in an arear of outstanding natural beauty ,stayed in Konaci apartments which were clean but basic, food in hotel was great but plenty of choice in resort as well.Ski lifts are close to apartments and food and drinks are very cheap.Ski school excellent and will definatley go back next year.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
symesjimmer, welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
symesjimmer wrote:
Just got back from Kop, snow conditions not great at moment but had a fantastic holiday in an arear of outstanding natural beauty ,stayed in Konaci apartments which were clean but basic, food in hotel was great but plenty of choice in resort as well.Ski lifts are close to apartments and food and drinks are very cheap.Ski school excellent and will definatley go back next year.

Cheers for that symesjimmer.

Were off there on the 21st.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
symesjimmer wrote:

Cheers for that symesjimmer.

Were off there on the 21st.

will be there 20st:)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
drfc8,

Have just got back from Kop.
Had a fantastic time, plenty of snow now and all bar a couple of black runs open. there are the odd icy patches but generally good and they are anticipating more snow. We were all complete beginers and managed to ski.
Stayed in the Konaci appts, clean and basic but all you need. The appts on the side of the cafe royal are very noisy due to the bass on the disco, we were moved to other side and no further noise problems.
Food and drink cheap, would recommend the trattoria Kosava which is near to the Hotal Grand (not in main Konaci square), fantastic food, frienldy staff and cheap, meal for 8 with 2l wine and other drinks £70!
Slopes were quite busy for a couple of days during past week but very quiet on 6th.
Hope this helps and have fun!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi just returned from Kop, my first full weeks skiing holliday. Anyone flying out there will have a great time . We were lucky that there was a godfall of snow on our second night there which allowed more slopes to be opened.
To help anyone flying out to kop i will give you a few suggestions to help you on your stay, DONT take travelers cheques to kop as they wont change them there, you need either cash or your bank card. The ski school is great and the instructors speek good English, but make sure that on day one that you get put in the right group as if you can ski a little as i could they will start you off as a complete begginer as happened to me, but thanks to the instructors a better group on the second day and then some great skiing. We stayed in the Konaci apartments rooms were good and clean,but the disco at 2.00 in the morning can be a problem after a days skiing, so if you have children as we did try to get a room away from the disco.
To sum up we all had a great time and would go back again, food and drink very cheap try the local beer MB Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy