Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

need a really cheep holiday in school holoidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, as i work in education i have to take holidays in school holidays, unfortunatly i dont get teachers pay,
where when and how much could i go snowboarding for for a few days maybe a week at most in these times, ans how much you recon it will cost me?
TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go at Easter rather than half term. But ideally you'll need to go to a high resort, say over 1800m. A group of 4 sharing a car is one of the cheapest ways, or get cheap flights & hire a car.

I can do 3 or 4 day breaks based on 2 people for £300 - £400 each, incl transport, hotel & lift passes.

Italy is usually cheaper than France.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hargi, hard to put a figure on it. Last year Feb half term we got an apartment for 4 in Tignes for about £700 inc. ferry. It was titchy, but I think that almost all are; putting 4 adults in it would have been cozy but doable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I picked up a week in France at February half term for under £500 last year (down from over £900 - I got it last minute). There were plenty of last minute offers around, even at half-term. So your best bet might be to just hold on until there are only a few weeks to go and pick up a decent priced week with the good snow. Then again, wait until last minute at Easter - the snow won't be as good mind, but it'll almost certainly be quieter... and cheaper still...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went at Easter last year (Mottaret) as my GF is a teacher, and did it by coach to a self catered apartment, total transport + accommodation cost about £220 per person. You can do it even cheaper if you drive out with 4 or 5 to a car. If you picnic and self cater all week your total holiday cost including lift pass and beer etc should be around £500 per person. Doubt if it's possible to go a lot cheaper than that to a top ski area, although booking last minute may work.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The cheapest way is to contact a TO who runs school trips, and offer to work for them for a week. That way you get to board for free!! (oh, but you do have to put up with loads of kids wink )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, hardly a holiday though, especially for someone who works in education!

hargi, if you want to consider that, try Skiplan, SkiBound, Interski, Ski Class, PGL
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, I don't know. I work in education and count it as a holiday....I get to ski all day and get paid for it snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could try one of the many youth hostels in the Alps. We did Davos last year at far less than you'd pay staying anywhere else.

Ski the Edge are UK agents and run trips to them by coach: http://www.skitheedge.co.uk/Frames/Frameset.htm
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Right we got a plan,
There may be 2 or 3 going now,
We'd prefere a coach to get us there and back,
Unfortunatly it looks like the feb half term.
PLAKE or otheres do you know any good sites that we could look at for coaches and that.

the only other alternative is maybe going to a glasier in summer but how chhep would that be and is it any good?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hargi, Google Eurolines - cheap, runs into Chambery and Grenoble twice/three times a week.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hargi, which week's your half-term? Not all of France is on holiday during the UK half-terms but I think it's only the southern resorts and the Pyrenees that don't have this cross-over which isn't much good for a coach holiday.

If you can avoid the French holidays go to a resort that the UK TO's don't use and book French-owned accommodation who won't charge a significant premium for the UK holidays.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hargi wrote:
only other alternative is maybe going to a glasier in summer but how chhep would that be and is it any good?

Better than nothing, but it's not great skiing, in my limited experience of it, and it won't be cheap.

Driving down yourself not an option? We've done that at Feb half term (to Tignes), no problem.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Im getting really confused here, looked at the bus and we can get to grenoble and back for £94 each, but then we' will need accommodation and lift passes and the other 2 will need equipment hire.
I suppose we could drive down but not to keen on that, whats it like.
Will it be cheeper to make a DIY holiday or get a company to do it for us. WE have never done anything like this before so we dont really know what were doing.
just we have set dates.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Suggest pick a resort you like and price up DIY, then trawl the web for packages and compare the cost.

For DIY, the resort's own website should have all the details of lift pass prices etc, as well as a list of available accommodations (apartments, hotels, whatever). On top of that you obviously have to factor in travel and transfer to resort (local bus? car hire?)

If you really haven't done anything like it before, I'd strongly suggest going through a TO this year, then think of DIY next time when you're a bit more familiar with the whole thing. I get the impression that most DIY-ers have gone that way.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy