Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If lifts were banned due to global warming...

Poster: A snowHead
would you still ski?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, yes. I'm an exercise nut anyway, I used to climb, so I'd kill two or three birds with one stone.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, I'd go to a resort with solar/wind powered lifts, or hike!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And if flights were banned, I'd cycle there! Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd use the stairs
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done a little bit of touring. I'd just do more. It would be like going back to the origins of skiing as a sport (only with better equipment).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cant wait for the day they take them all out Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, you're only saying that cause you have no problems climbing the ski hills in the Netherlands... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd buy that helicopter I've been promising myself !!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, ski touring is more of an achievement. They have to stop the brutal groming too. Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Yes, ski touring is more of an achievement.

?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richmond wrote:
Quote:
Yes, ski touring is more of an achievement.

?

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Gear/Ski-Touring
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB, thanks, although I did know what ski touring is (roughly); it's the achievment bit I question. Firstly, achievment is pretty subjective; driving a car safely at 200mph might be an achievment for me, but my mum would regard it as a complete waste of time and effort. Secondly, the degree of achievement depends on where you're starting from. It's not much of an achievment for Schumacher to drive a car at 200 mph without pranging it, but it would be for me, as would schlepping my skis up to the top of a snow covered peak and skiing back down.

Anyway, that's a pedantic digresssion. Without lifts, I wouldn't be skiing. Much as ski touring appeals to me, I think 49 is a bit late to take it up.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, i have toured with people well into their 70s. you're never too old!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richmond wrote:
DB, thanks, although I did know what ski touring is (roughly); it's the achievment bit I question. Firstly, achievment is pretty subjective; driving a car safely at 200mph might be an achievment for me, but my mum would regard it as a complete waste of time and effort. Secondly, the degree of achievement depends on where you're starting from. It's not much of an achievment for Schumacher to drive a car at 200 mph without pranging it, but it would be for me, as would schlepping my skis up to the top of a snow covered peak and skiing back down.

Anyway, that's a pedantic digresssion. Without lifts, I wouldn't be skiing. Much as ski touring appeals to me, I think 49 is a bit late to take it up.

I'm 38 (today) and only recently started ski touring. I've toured with pensioners. Go to Snowden in wales and walk up it, then go down again and take the train up. There's no feeling of achievement on the train.

There is something about being on the top of a mountain you just skinned up that the offloading bay of the top lift just can't compete with.

Quote:
You don't stop doing things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing things.
ski holidays
Wouldn't be too bad property prices at desirable developments in the Alps would crash enabling me to get my hands on one, ski touring would be fine, mountain biking in the summer too. OF course getting out there would be difficult as planes & cars would presumably be banned so train would be able to charge a significant premium. Perhaps we'll be back to horse & carts .. although think of the methane emmissions from the horses!
ski holidays
Given the fact that there is unlikely to be any snow left, largly irrelevant!
latest report
[quote="DB"]They have to stop the brutal groming too.quote]

Totally Agree. Very Happy

Should empty a few ski towns if they went back to making skiing a good days workout Very Happy

Skins & Telemark only Very Happy
snow report
DB, maybe I should try something gentle. We're off to St Anton in Feb, hoping to introduce ourselves and (more particularly) the kids to off piste, so who knows what might happen? Extreme exhaustion, probably.
snow conditions
Quote:

Go to Snowden in wales and walk up it, then go down again and take the train up.

Or ski down ! http://www.snow-forecast.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=75

Quote:

Much as ski touring appeals to me, I think 49 is a bit late to take it up.

Take up ski touring now and you may live to 89.
ski holidays
I'd do whatever it takes.
latest report
Get a donkey like they do in Peru! Puzzled
snow conditions
Peter S wrote:
Quote:

Much as ski touring appeals to me, I think 49 is a bit late to take it up.

Take up ski touring now and you may live to 89.

I'll think I'll feel as if I'm 89 quite quickly.
latest report
I think at that point I'd have to move to the Alps to buy a little place at a much reduced price and earn my skiing. Not to mention the MTBing and walking. Pretty similar to what I'm planning anyway, but would hopefully cost less.
snow conditions
Never gonna happen
latest report
JT, What, me moving to the Alps?
That's a bit harsh Shocked
snow conditions
JT's right; they'll run out of snow before they switch the lifts off.
latest report
richmond, Then I shall mtb and walk lots Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Caspar,

That did make me laugh.. I was meaning the chance of lifts being shut down due to so called global warming.. Tooo much money involved

And as the enviromenatl issue is topical it is better to make soundbites to justify taxing people more.
ski holidays
JT,
You're right - I just couldn't help myself Twisted Evil
snow report
Hello you all,

It's Hannah here from Fall-Line Skiing magazine. We have a little corner of the mag where we publish an interesting and amusing thread from a UK forum. I like this one a lot, and Graham says it's fine by him if I stick it in, edited for length of course. Any objections here? We're going to press today, so speak now or forever hold your peace!

Thank you - especially like the donkey option...

Hannah
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Han, welcome to snowHead s
ski holidays
Cheers Brian

I've been here before, but forgotten my log-on details, so here I am in a new guise!
ski holidays
It's a good job David Goldsmith isn't here....
ski holidays
Han, you are very fortunate that David Goldsmith hasn't posted in this thread or else he'd be wanting a royalty!
latest report
Arno, great minds...
latest report
I feel so proud that my little thread has been chosen for such an honour. Embarassed Very Happy
snow conditions
this thread is intresting but its not really 'amusing'.. still hats off to kramer for making the big time!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy