Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap flights

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone explain the system (if indeed there is one) with pricing for cheap flights? Whilst waiting for others to sort out what they are doing in terms of transport for our trip I have been monitoring the prices on a particular flight with Flybe, the price was 150 when I started watching, went up to 200 and is now 180, is there any explanation for this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martski,

Dunno, but £180.00 doesn't sound that cheap
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martski, Puzzled I thought it started cheap and the less seats left the more expensive it got - maybe there was a cancellation or is it near the departure date?

snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 7-11-06 18:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnboy, you're right not cheap, cant get any cheaper with our silly requirements of departure airport etc.
Sage, really dont know...departure not til late jan!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Talking of cheap flights, maybe one of our Spanish residents can help point me /or rather my friend) to a source of budget flights between Alicante and Zurich? A friend wants to come for new year but can't get anything less than about EUR 350 (Helvetic). Any bright ideas?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch, Look on www.whichbudget.com it details them all
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eng_ch, Have you tried Air Berlin www.airberlin.com

snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sage, yeah, but still not particularly cheap and change in Palma de Mallorca Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, thanks for the link, I've forwarded it
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
martski, I think the price can be affected by the time of day you book. I think travel agents can hold the seats and when they do not confirm the price falls a bit. This summer we fly from Newcastle to Nice in August. We booked in May but by the time we actually flew the price had gone down by £10 per seat.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martski. try logging back on using a different computer. also give this a try http://www.skyscanner.net/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
martski, have you tried the moneysavingexpert flight searcher?

http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1120211097,47143,
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
garywilk, WayneC, check, guess i had better bite the bullet, small price to pay for a week in ste foy. ta neway
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eng_ch if you can get from basel , easyjet goes there from alicante. Very cheap.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The ticket prices are based on complex algorithms.

The Ailrines computers know precisely the breakeven profit & loss of every route.

Its not just dependent on route. If one route is selling well at a particular date/time they can throw out cheap tickets for a less booked route.

Even if a route is full say like London to Amsterdam with EJ the airline will still charge high tickets prices to get max profit. In the meantime they can offer cheap tickets on other routes & as those routes fill up they then offer cheap on the next & so on.
Obviously in Internet Realtime this can happen very quick & especially for Holiday periods.
snow report
Gjspain wrote:
eng_ch if you can get from basel , easyjet goes there from alicante. Very cheap.

But sadly dreadful flight times - anyone fancy getting to Basel from south of Zurich for an 8 am flight??? Thought not....

And since cost is critical tp my friend, a hotel the night before is not an option. Thanks for trying anyway
ski holidays
Cost of flights between Edinbugh and Geneva (globespan) are now £9.98 each way comparred to £25 each way when I booked three weeks ago. Same dates same flights. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
[quote="garywilk"]Cost of flights between Edinbugh and Geneva (globespan) are now £9.98 each way comparred to £25 each way when I booked three weeks ago. Same dates same flights. quote]

Nae luck Sad - That would be worth the drive over to Edinburgh though Smile

snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy