Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

livigno for beginners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
I'm heading off to Livigno in January with some friends who've never skiied before. Im a competent skiier and i was wondering if anyone knows of any long easy pistes that I could take them on early in the holiday to get them away from the drag lifts and nursery slopes without putting them in danger? Want to get them up the mountain a bit nice and early for the views and the chairlift experience etc:) Theyre young, fit guys so shouldn't have too much problem picking it up, with luck:)
Any other experiences of livigno would be nice to hear aswell:)
Thanks
ryan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
element, Some goo friends of mine went to Livigno last jan as beginners and had a great time. Dont take them up the hill, put them in ski school.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went there with some friends who'd only had few lessons at Tamworth. We all had a great time, including 'er Indoors and me, who are both reasonable skiers. Trip notes here: http://kibo.org.uk/index.php?sp=60&id=91
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been twice(not for a few years so this might have changed) there are a couple of short beginners slopes at village level, but most of the schools take the beginners up the mountain as there good wide beginners slopes however the run back down into the village is a bit daunting for beginners, narrow at the top with other skiers passing at higher speeds, then steep and cut up by afternoon taking the chair down for the very nervous would be good.

I found it hard the first time I went and loved the decent the second Smile

I do like the resort, it's just the transfer is a pain.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I second that - send them to ski school.
I went to Livigno ski school myself. The instructor's name was Lorena and she has excelent English and loads of time for even the slowest newbie.
There are a group of 22 of us heading from Omagh to Livigno in Feb
If you are competent and you spend your entire holiday helping beginners down slopes, then you don't tend to gain anything new from the holiday yourself. Also, I find that an impartial third party (instructor) will be listened too far more that a friend / family member.
Stick them in school for 2 hours a day, go do a few reds yourself and then meet up and help them practice after lunch.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the Mottolino side, there is a nice long run that begins from the top of Monte della neve. There is a very long chair lift ride up there but the run is probably the longest blue in the resort. It essentially has two parts. The first is a nice cruisy run to about half distance (which is the top of the Mottolino gondola station) where you can stop, get drinks, eat, etc. The second part of the run takes you from there along the ridge toward the lake end of the resort, through a tree lined section and then down by draglift number 2 (PEMONT) and to the entrance of the Mottolino gondola which takes you back up to the half-way point.

This side of the resort tends to be quieter in the morning so it might be worth heading up there just before lunchtime.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
great report hyweljenkins, thanks for that:)
Thanks everyone else for the words of wisdom:)
ryan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy