Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie - ski pants for curvier figure?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My local ski shop has only a few pants in, in makes I've never heard of. I managed to pick up a chocolate and "ice" blue Orage jacket in the sale earlier this year and now have to find insulated pants (I feel the cold) to go with it - brown, grey or beige I reckon (unless I can match a pale greeny blue) - I want them to come up to my waist proper, none of this low rise stuff, and fit over generous "horse rider's" thighs....even the Snow & Rock cataloge doesnt' seem to have much that fits the bill (around £100 or less please!) and their superstore is over an hour away, so not sure where to go to try a load on...I'm in Suffolk. Any ideas for retailers or a good pair to buy online? I like the look of the North Face Revolution but none in Europe and shipping from the US may be an issue, even if I can find stockists who hold decent colours?

Thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sbloom, I don't know about brands sizing criteria but Ski-Surf 200 in Colchester carry a good range and there's a TKMaxx in Cambridge.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sbloom, welcome to snowHead s
I would echo Masque's recommendation of TKMaxx. They sell of last year's stock at very decent prices and often have a better range of stock in the "lower demand" sizes.
There used to be a well-stocked ski shop in the middle of nowhere somewhere near Huntingdon. Which bit of Suffolk?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi sbloom, also try Makro as they have good prices and carry odd sizes, not that I'm saying your odd. Laughing Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What about Protest hopkins pant at £80. Most places only do black but they come in loads of colours. They also come in short leg length so you can go a bit bigger without them becoming too long in the leg.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How curvy is curvy? I've ended up in mens before as the womens xtraLarge usually seems to be around a 14 and I'm a size 18!

Decathlon are good for a big trying on session - massive sports superstore place, www.decathlon.co.uk for the nearest one to you. In the past I've had a nice pair of mens Hellys and now have some decathlon own brand 400s (mid range) that were about £50, although I got them for a lot less than than in the sale.

aj xx
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm actually a 12 long so an average size, just have larger thighs Smile. I'll try TK Maxx as there is one in Colchester - I'll also try SkiSurf but it looks online like it only has Burton which A I can't afford and B will make me look even MORE like I know what I'm doing (haven't skiied in 20 year since a teenager). I can get to Makro as well, OH has a card, but all they seem to do is Trespass and non-branded...the local ski shop has a load more Protest stuff coming in at the mo so can revisit...is it good VFM as I hadn't heard of it? I did actually try a pair but I had to cinch the waist in (size 14) which meant the section at the back really bagged out, maybe I'm ultra fussy but it really made my bum look massive. Now i know that ski pants arent' the most flattering but I draw the line at a baggy bum!

I originally had Orage ski pants with the jacket in a size medium and they were SO skinny, I felt even an XL may not fit well. Who is that kind of straight up and down shape at size 12-14?!

Thanks all!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sbloom, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I find there is such discrepancies in actual fit between different makes and sizes of ski pants - the only way is to try on. I would echo the suggest of Decathlon. They have good value quality ski gear in multitudes of sizes, hopefully you'd find one to fit you. Good luck!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sbloom, welcome to snowHeads... if you fancy a day-trip there's Freeport Braintree, they have a Trespass and another "Great Outdoors" place whose name escapes me... the Clacton Factory Shopping Village has two or three similar stores. Worth a look perhaps. If that fails, visit Ski Plus in Chelmsford (http://www.skiplusonline.co.uk/) - they do EVERYTHING and are bound to be able to help. Might not be the cheapest option, but you know you will be able to get something (I am 6' 8" and they sorted me out!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sbloom, welcome to snowHead s. any pics? Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want pics of me skiing it'll be 1986 with white sunnies, white and turquoise Nevica jacket (fuscia trim rolling eyes ) and BIG hair Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sbloom, Try Columbia....I bought mine because they ride nice and high on the waist which I like as I get a chilled tummy far too easily. As they're an American brand they do larger sizes and seem to be generously cut....and the padding isn't too thick (although they are nice and cosy) so they're quite flattering in the "does my bum look big in these" department! They're also not too expensive in the grand scheme of things....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So finally I went to Decathlon in Thurrok and was a winner!! £100 got me two pairs of ski socks, 5 pairs of ski gloves (including one Salomon pair at £25) and a fab and well fitting pair of ski pants (their second most expensive ones, fully specced with thigh vents etc for £40!). Will try them again in the future, very impressed. Thanks for all the advice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy