Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgle 9th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any snowHead tried the white weeks in Obergurgle in early December in the past
Ive been to Obergurgle before but later in the winter
As ever with any trip in December my concern is with the snow cover
Not sure this is a goer yet I would have to get a flight to Gatwick the night before and also convince Mrs G its a good idea
Im organised for a trip in February but thats a long long way off
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield, I'd be quite interested in this as well - I've been to Obergurgl later in the season, it does have a good snow record. Someone else commented on Obergurgl at Christmas here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=454906#454906
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Obergurgl is normally a secure bet for early Dec. Obergurgl is just up the road from Sölden. Sölden is where the first world cup ski race of the season (normally) takes place - but didn't happen through bad snow conditions this year. It's getting colder and we are seeing quite a bit of rain in Eastern Austrian but I would hold off on early Dec Obergurgl at the moment.

short link
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Obergurgl has consistently had some of the best early-season snow for the last few years. It has not been unusual to see it open in late-November. Due to climate change and the later seasons, almost nowhere is guaranteed good early snow in Western Europe anymore. However, Obergurgl is better than most and I would say your chances of 'reasonable' conditions in Obergurgl during December are above-average.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your thoughts folks
Still pondering it as an option
I did find conecting flight Edinburgh to Gatwick was cheeper with BA than Easyjet
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Garfield, Obergurgle, isn't that something you do with aspirins?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LARGEZOOKEEPER, Used to find TCP worked better
Could be something you could do with gluevine
Dont think either would do much to cure my urge to get back onto the snow
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If my memory serves me right, Obergurgl had a bad start to the season last year. Sometimes (like last year) the snow falls elsewhere first. At the moment Salzburg appears to be getting the snow, not Obergurgl.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy