Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs Peisey Vallandry Pistes

Poster: A snowHead
We are spending Christmas this year at Plan Peisey in one of Esprit's Chalets (Chalets des deux domaines). My wife and I are both boarders, the kids (boy aged 9 and girl aged 5) both ski. As the most experienced I do not have too much of a problem with the flat areas. However, my wife can't stand flat 'cat tracks' as she does not have the confidence to 'flat it' at full speed and so ends up having to scoot or worst of all walk when the going gets flat. Can anyone tell me the pistes (i.e the flat ones) to avoid in Les Arcs, Peisey Vallandry and La Plagne. Also the snowboard unfriendly lifts.

I have been in the Alps with a number of operators, how do Esprit compare with say Mark Warner or Crystal
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello. I can't help you with Les Arcs pistes, but I can warn you to be out by 31st December when my daughter and her school chums will be infesting Plan Peisey/Vallandry. Someone more useful will be along shortly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rowley B QC, welcome to snowHeads!

I'm sure others will talk about LP (quite a few to avoid there). You might want to avoid Rhonaz in the Villaroger sector of Les Arcs; the final 100 metres of Cascades below Arc 1950 often needs poling on skis; the bottom part of Arandelieres is a bit flat but only needs walking if you are heading into really strong wind; and maybe a couple of sections of the Gollet towards Arc 1600. Other than that I think just about everywhere else is 'flat-spot' free. From what boarding friends have said, Les Arcs is very boarder-friendly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rowley B QC, Welcome to snowHeads Very Happy La Plagne has several flat areas notably the area around the lifts in Plagne centre.
There is a discussion on La Plagne flat bits here

As for Les Arcs a couple of other's more knowledgeable than me will no doubt be along soon Very Happy Ah! Robs arrived while I typed Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
You might want to avoid Rhonaz in the Villaroger sector of Les Arcs

As I found out taking a few borders down there last season. They weren't impressed at all.

It's beyond the road at the bottom of the Cascades run just below 1950.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rowley B QC, OK LA Plagne area I know well ............Do not do Le Tunnel blue run from top of Roche de Mio or indeed the blue run that goes down towards Champagny from RdM either. Both have flat parts which I ALWAYS end up walking on and I don't mind a bit of speed on my board! Otherwise La Plagne will suit you both just fine.. Enjoy and you may bump into some snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
also avoid the Gollets run into arc 1600 if you are on a board - except wehen I am there as I think it is great fun skiing by
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kieran, ..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in plain norcroix last Jan with a mixed group, As a boarder you do have to watch the slopes, There are flats in the woods at lower levels on the les arcs side and on the le plange side watch the bit towards the tunnel, I have skated quite a few of the boarders through there.

But over all not a great deal of a problem.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Most of Les Arcs is flat, so should be avoided by boarders, especially at the end of March when we will be in Villaroger snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers for the info, even from those on two planks. By the way has anyone got any views on Esprit.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CP, Razz Razz Razz
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rowley B QC, Welcome to snowHead

We have an appt in Peisey Vallandry. Its great! I'm a skiier, but my brother, son & neice are all boarders & have no difficulty with any of teh lifts or pistes on the Peisey/Vallandry side of Les Arcs. I gather there are a few evil flats over in Les Arcs, but staying over the best side, you shouldnt have a problem! Toofy Grin

Esprit look very organised - never used them but the chalets look good.

richmond, Shocked Shocked I shall warn my brother & his family,as they are out over Christmas & New Year - on the other hand, perhaps you should warn your daughter & her mates Laughing Where is she staying?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rowley B QC, Just a quick thought - probably should avoid 'Foret' - a gentle green run that meanders all the way down - the boarders in our party avoid it like the plague - unless its to cross it while playing in the trees.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rowley B QC,

we stayed with Esprit a few years ago in Peisey ( when scouting our new place in 1950) and enjoyed it greatly.

Re flats , the is a blue track which comes across back from 1800 (starts just over from the Transarc midstation) and crosses numerours reds. which is not the best way back from the Arcs mountains to PP for boarding - my suggestion would be to go higher, and come in over the top into the Peisey bowl. Grand Renard (although a slow old thing) will let you do this, or indeed taking the Transarc up to the top of the 2000 bowl, and coming back into 1800 side works well. If you get half way down the track and decide to bail , also can use Plan Bois, but its probably too late by then...
Lots of reds off to the right are tempting, but you can end up taking one too early and ending up in Vallandry rather than Peisey, then you have got a walk (or another lift - the Grizzly) I always find it depends on how late you are and how important it is you get back as to what mistakes you make!

As for La PLagne, don't, whatever you do, don't come around the bottom blue heading back direct to the Vanoise Express off the bottom of the Les Bauches red (le Moulin I think its called).
About 200 yds past the last chance lift (Bauches?) is a sign, which says..." flat for 1 km, may require poling". Requires bloody crampons if you ask me. If only they'd put that sign when you had a chance NOT to go that way. Still, you wouldn't be in France if the signage was useful eh?

And yes, as the other's say, Rhonaz, one for avoiding - to get into Vallandry if they are open, then take the Aigulle Rouge or Lanchettes out of 2000. Rhonaz is a back door when the higher lifts are closed, and is really good for those 'in the know', but it is a bug of a track if on a board. And I say that as a planker, who has seen the boarders struggling - they even have my sympathy on that one!
latest report
Rowley B QC, Most have been covered by others but avoid the long blue in Peisey Vallandry called le foret, it follows a road and is fairly flat for the whole run, fortunately there are lots of easy reds that cross it so it is escapable. I think they are reds as they actually have a downwards gradient to them rather than being a flat track!
ski holidays
Quote:
And yes, as the other's say, Rhonaz, one for avoiding - to get into Vallandry : if they are open, then take the Aigulle Rouge or Lanchettes out of 2000.

Of course I meant Villaroger, not Vallandry at this point... Oops. Sorry.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy