Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire Tignes-le-lac

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend (or warn me off!) a ski hire place in Tignes-le-lac? I think all the usual suspects like Intersport, SkiSet, Twinner etc are there. Would love to hear any first-hand experiences! That includes boarders as well as skiers. Cheers Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm interested in Tignes-Le-Lac ski hire for Crimbo. Looking to hire a pair of girlie skis for a 5'2"/120lb 3 week skier. Any recommendations?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, I don't think those skis would be suitable for you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has nobody out there hired skis in Tignes-le-lac??? I am shocked. Finally, a question that Snowheads cannot answer!!

Do me a favour spyderjon, and let me know of your Xmas hire shop experiences when you get back (I won't be out there til mid-Jan). Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the ice perv, I have, just for a few days, but I can't remember which place I used. It wasn't one of the big shops there (Twinner has a nice setup), just a small place but they all seemed to be much of a muchness.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the ice perv, spyderjon, I have snowHead But they were Teles.. Sad and it was a long time ago...... Sad All I can suggest is that when you walk in, have a look at the skis, and if you don't like the condition of them, go somewhere else....Based on my own (expensive) mistake, also take any insurance they offer wink

spyderjon, I'll be there Crimbo too ... fancy a beer/ski ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

have a look at the skis, and if you don't like the condition of them, go somewhere else

Yeah but I want to book on-line before I get there to save a few bob. On the basis that
Quote:

Twinner has a nice setup

I guess they are currently the favorite!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the ice perv, ....nice try...! wink

I can vouch for DUCH SPORTS on Rue de la Poste, Tignes le Lac - just up the hill road from Palafour Lift. Ask for Oliver DUCH, the owner. Telephone: 00 33 4 79 06 30 27
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This April we used le Vallon Blanc [url]info@vallon-blanc.fr[/url]. We pre-ordered over the internet and had a very efficient service. Over the course of the 8 days I changed my skis every 2 days (I wanted to try a variety before buying which I have now done form Ski Bilek) and they did not charge me extra.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the ice perv, see - BernardC is right, snowHead s has the expertise and knowledge!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers BernardC, Nick L, I knew you wouldn't let me down snowHead snowHead !

A quick bit of internet research shows that DUCH are the Twinner outlet so they are still in the lead, with Vallon Blanc in second, and...........

......and......in third....anyone else....?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
check out www.snowfun.com or www.skiset.com. ( i think also precision ski is part of the same outfit). We've booked online for our last few trips and it's been ok. I've changed skis 2-3 times in a week without any hassle. They have a shop close to the new Palafour lift. (next door to intersport). My son is a boarder with size 12 feet and on one occasion they drove him round to val claret and back so that he could pick up a wide board. We now pre order one and thus far it's been ready and waiting when we've arrived.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
3 years ago i used Intersport to hire offpiste skis. I used the skisfor 5 days and bought from them. The manager subtracted the cost of hire from the price ie got 5 days of skiing for free. Also had free service from them for the following 2 weeks. Good service.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All, thanks for the info, that's great.

ski wrote:
spyderjon, I'll be there Crimbo too ... fancy a beer/ski ?

Yes to both. I'll be in touch nearer the time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent, sounds like they're all good! Cheers snowHead snowHead !
ski holidays
precision ski is one of the best in le lac. but to be fair all pretty good. could also just venture across the piste and try some of the shops in le bec rouge good fro freestyle skis. basicaaly losts of shops so look around.
snow conditions
benpudney, I think I am actually staying near Le Bec Rouge. I don't really want to waste valuable skiing time browsing one shop after another. I also want to book in advance to get the 20% internet discount most of them offer.
ski holidays
fair enough, best would be precision, snow fun all run by the same company now snow tec.
latest report
Has anyone been out there yet this season, and gained any first-hand experience? Do tell! Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy